Fishman fluence pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishman fluence pickups?

Has anyone tried these? I’ve never been a big fan of active pickups but have been seeing alot of good about these. With a lot of the models having 3 different voices they seem real versatile.

Re: Fishman fluence pickups?

I think they're awful -- lifeless and overly harsh. But they have a big following so YMMV.

Comment

Prefaced by the fact that I’m much more of a classic tone person than metal tone person now...

I’ve wanted to try the Strat, Tele and Classic Humbuckers for years now but I’ve never gotten around to it. I specifically went to the Fishman demo with Greg Koch and they all sounded great.

I keep coming back to this video... the Antiquities just sound better all around.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Paging Frank Falbo...

Comment

I’ve used the classic and the strat pickups. They’re pretty good. Not my favorite pickups ever, so I didn’t keep them, but certainly a good choice for someone wanting a quality noiseless pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the strat single widths, the classics and the moderns.

They give non active pickups a run for their money, and have 3 or more very good sounds, so it’s really like getting 3 sets of great pickups.

The strat single width are my least favorite of them, the tones are good but since they are a stacked single coil the notch tones aren’t convincing. They do sound pretty good though, and have no noise.

The Humbuckers on the other hand are better than most of what’s out there. The classics start with the best paf tone you’ve ever played. I didn’t think I would like them as much as I do, I leave my neck in this voice most of the time. The second voice is pure hot rod, like the best JB you’ve ever used.

The moderns are hotter, the passive side starts at a custom type tone and the active voicing is a better blackout.

I don’t know why these aren’t getting more hype, they sound like the best boutique pickups, but have several voicings. Everything Frank promised was true, like the most idealized set of pickups, they have good shimmering highs while being hot, they have thick lows without losing definition.

The older versions had a high frequency cut, or a volume cut so they don’t overload your input and have pads for splitting. Starting with the open coil versions many just have a Third single coil voicing.

Then there are all the signature sets, I have not tried most of these yet but I’m sure they are great too.

I know some people still are sold on emg’s but these are way better than even the new emg’s and I’m willing to bet most would not look back after trying them. Even some passive users would be convinced, with the long battery life and the non compressed sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
              I don’t know why these aren’t getting more hype...
              They're active, and they're not traditionally constructed. Those two things scare off most guitarists, and certainly the majority of people here. However, take a look at the Fluence artist roster, and you'll see plenty of people who were dyed in the wool EMG and Duncan users. This forum is not the best gauge of what the guitar world at large is using. Not trying to say everyone is turning their backs on SD or EMG, but if you look outside this bubble, there is plenty of hype for other stuff.

I know some people still are sold on emg’s but these are way better than even the new emg’s and I’m willing to bet most would not look back after trying them. Even some passive users would be convinced, with the long battery life and the non compressed sounds.
              I'm really interested in Fluence, but the compressed sound is what most EMG users love about their products. Most 81/85 users aren't into the 18V thing, though the 57/66 seems to be a hit with most anyone who tries it.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I have some experience with the modern set, first in a particularly snarly les paul, and again in a 28" baritone. They were hot garbage in the paul. Shrill, nasally, no bottom end, hated em on active mode. In passive mode, the low end was mushy and bloated, but otherwise kinda sounded like a Duncan distortion in the mids and highs.

In the baritone, it was better, still a bit shrill, but the low end was better, go figure. On passive mode, they were unusable.

I play metal. These are "metal" pickups. Didnt gel with them at all. Thought I liked em at first, but after the new wore off I was disappointed.

I'd love to try the classics in the future, and maybe an artist set or two. Believe me, there arent many reviews like mine, most guys love em for my kind of music, but they're not for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm all into these aggressive, punchy, powerful things but Fluences were a little too much for me for some reason I don't know. I should like it and it still did not gave me the ooomph factor.

Some recent surprise was the Lace Alumitone. Despite what its UFO design suggests, it was jawdroppingly okay. It was in the redline but not over the top like the Fluence.

Super subjective crapinion #3214256621663. Meh
                  Wackor
                  Ørdøg
                  NecroPolo
                  Diabolus in Musica
                  SIDrip Alliance
                  Book of Shadows
                  RKH

Comment

Working...
                  X