pickup issue.. Dean Pups and others..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup issue.. Dean Pups and others..

ARRRRRRGH!!!! Just typed in a long post and lost it with this stupid log in issue....
    Ok, let me try again...

I am having to sell off my harum of guits... I Sold my Gibby Lp and my Burny LP is up for sale..I made the decision to try and keep (for now) my Dean Bella Noir Soltero as my LP style guit.. For those unfamiliar, it was their 2009 limited forum run. You could choose tween low end pups or their custom Mountain of Tone (Leslie West) bridge and Nostalgia neck.. Mine has that. I kept it cuz its a gorgeous guitar with a super fast neck and so much lighter than the Burny,

Im not sure Im sold on them, esp the neck. Does anyone have experience with them and what do you think? I may just be very spoiled since Ive had a variety of guits/pup combos to chose from.

I have kept the WLH set from my Gibby and am keeping my BAre Knuckles rebel yell set from my Burny LP. Im also considering using my RIO BBQ or my Suhr Aldrich in it, BUT dont have a neck pup for those.. i have a few pups in the box like a PG set and an A2P neck pup..

Im throwing this out there as my health and all, I just dont have the stamina/patience anymore to be swapping pups left and right in it and am hoping to hit it right the first time.

I had a few other points in my post I lost, but have to go. Please let me know any thoughts you may have.. Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: pickup issue.. Dean Pups and others..

What sound do you want from the Dean?

Do you have plans for the WLH set already? If not, put 'em in! Better than keeping them laying around

BTW, the Leslie West MOT is one pickup I've been dying to try for a long time, I just keep getting distracted!

Just keep in mind that the Dean pickups don't bring a whole lot on the secondhand market. Probably $40-$50 for the MOT and $30-$35 for the Nostalgia

Comment

I Dont know really what I want from it.. Im still novice in that I cant A) just not much of a player. B) I cant get the tones I want with my fingers and guitar controls. For many years Ive had the luxury of several similar guitars with diff pickups. Sooooo, I cant say I want/or expect a certain tone from my guitar... NOw, I have to figure what will give me the broadest range outta one axe..
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Well, I would try the WLH set in there. Or even just the neck pup if you like the stock bridge.
        I've always wanted a guitar with the Whole Lotta's in them since they first came out. If you have an LP style that you aren't quite satisfied with, they would be my first choice, especially if you already have them on hand.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X