Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Route 66 vs Boss BD2

Originally posted by joelap
    Forget the fulltone stuff. You're a tinkerer, you'd be happier with the SD-1 / BD-2 combo. Matter of fact, indyguitarist has a mod that turns the SD-1 into the Fulldrive. So get the SD-1 and the BD-2 and have the best of both worlds. I spent a good chunk of time with a BD-2 (2 weeks to be exact), thats a fun circuit to modify. I got mine sounding really good with my mods, but I couldnt get it to sustain long enough no matter what I tried.
    Bad advice - about the Fulltone stuff.

If in doubt listen to his one minute muddy distortion playing on joelap's posting. Nothing like any of the Fulltone pedals I own sound like that muddy distorted noise.

No flame intended - posted so you can decide for yourselves...
    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

What's a good kit i can mod Boss pedals with?
      Are the monte allums's good enough? I have pretty much no background in modding pedals so would this be a good start? The only background is just de-soldering and soldering pickups with wiring diagrams.

If i wanted to mod say the SD-1 and BD-2 would i just go with a monte allums or is it harder than just soldering and de-soldering?
      Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
      Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Comment

Well i was only planning on modding the 3 pedals so would the monte ones be good? I'm not really gonna mod pedals in the future, i just wanna see what these ones are like.

Comment

Yep, i'll do it then.

Comment

All good advise there. I had a Monte Allums SD1 and I loved it. Turned it into a CLEAN boost and a smoother OD. Not nasal and ugly sounding like the stock SD1 (decent pedal mind you, just not for me).

I think I'll try the Fulldrive. It's easier to resell than the route 66 in case, and the Boss pedals are cheap so I could try them as soon as I have spare cash Thanks a lot guys.

And yeah I'm a tinkerer but lately I tried building two pedals, both failed, and swap a grand FOUR Components on a Guvnor and messed it up so bad it entirely stopped working I may lay off tinkering for a bit until I get a couple of simple boosts built.

Rid: I now have two things on my kill list: Flatmate AND British post office. Even the Danish one on a bad day. I'm actually really ticked off about this whole thing now. It'd have taken him no more than 2 minutes to get it and have it delivered...

Comment

^ You guys are scaring me now ..I am currently breadboarding some circuits and will finalize the ones I like. I really can't afford to mess up pedals as my component stocks are severely limited. But I am an extra careful guy...maybe it'll all turn out OK
              PRS copy(Dimarzio Bluesbucker and VHPAF), Rocktron Silver Dragon(Tube swapped to 12AY7), ToneFactor Huckleberry, Rocktron Short Timer, Arion Tubulator

DIY Pedals
              Clean Boost, Tubescreamer modded(Lovepedal Eternity specs), Rangemaster, ROG Professor Tweed
              ---------------------

Comment

Hehe box of shame... I'll try to keep it at only one pedal
                I think I'll go for the FD anyway. It won't be as hard to unload if I don't like it, and well it obviously seems like a really good pedal. I just figured out though that the TS' 'nasal' sounding natural OD is mostly due to its lack of bass and high mids emphasis. The Route 66 has a bass boost and is a little flatter sounding. So I'll try it today with the OD side as a standalone OD and the compressor as a boost.

Comment

Still no pedal here.....wonder where it is now??

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    I just figured out though that the TS' 'nasal' sounding natural OD is mostly due to its lack of bass and high mids emphasis. .
                    Watch your faggoty little mouth, french boy.

TS-9 is a fat, non-nasal OD and its the best in the world, both you and Rid know it.

I just got mine, and it sounds great.

Bring it you two *****es
                    Last edited by Axl H; 05-17-2007, 02:58 PM.

Comment

ts-9=pool of pooh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post
                        ts-9=pool of pooh!!!
                        You be dissin' me pride.. I need a drink... Counting minutes until the Charvel is here.. :P

Comment

stinking pile of green pooh actually

Comment

Ohhh noo green is cool.. Hmmm.... should I get myself drunk tonight?

Comment

green like bile

Comment

The TS makes your amp fat if you use a lot of level to OD it further. But if you turn the level low, and use the pedal as a drive... meh.

Well... turns out the route 66, with the bass boost on and on the OD side, does a good OD sound, but not what I'm looking for (too generic). The compressor is also too clean a boost (I like when a 'clean' boost adds just a little grit. That compressor with the sustain on 0 just makes the sound louder). So it shall be Fulldrive I think I'll need to find the dough <_< No one seems to want my route 66.

Comment

Working...
                                X