Best Booster Pedal?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Booster Pedal?????

Guys i'm looking for a good boost pedal which does'nt effeect the sound at all just a increase in volume, any suggestions????

Thanx
    sigpicGeetars:
    Fender Daphne Blue Mustang,Fender Jaguar
    Gibson LP Studio(AIIp's),Gibson LP Standard Desert Burst
    Amps:Orange Tiny Terror,Fender 71 Princeton Reverb.Marshall Jcm800(4010)
    Pedals:
    EH Small Clone,Metal Muff,MemorMan,HolyGrail,Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde,Teese RMC3,Fulltone 69,Echoplex EP-3

Re: Best Booster Pedal?????

I just received my High Gain (Dunlop) Volume/Boost pedal which I bought off a forum bro SpHj. It's really cool, I like it, and the boost function on the bottom is adjustable from normal to 6x increase in volume. This thing gets loud and it's a clean boost. Also, when the boost in enabled (bypressing down on the rocker to click the button, like a cry baby) you still can use the rocker to adjust the volume pedal. I'm really enjoying it. Check it out, might be what you're looking for!
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

awesome i'll try it tomarrow at GC
      sigpicGeetars:
      Pedals:
      EH Small Clone,Metal Muff,MemorMan,HolyGrail,Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde,Teese RMC3,Fulltone 69,Echoplex EP-3

Comment

yeah, I'm not 100% if it's still available. It's model # is GCB-81 and it says Volume+Boost on the front High Gain sticker. I can't find any pics of it online.
        "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

does EH makes any of these???? since all the pedals except my wah pedals are EH
          sigpicGeetars:
          Pedals:

Comment

Not sure, I'll check. I know MXR has a clean boost pedal, might be good. Personally I've never liked MXRs designs for their stompboxes, as I really like the BOSS, Digitech, JD and some of the Ibanez chasis designs. Their pedals themselves are ok. (Yes I know JD owns and makes MXR).

Comment

Originally posted by liono9 View Post
              any suggestions????
              Yes.

A long while ago I was happy using an older MXR micro amp box, don't get me wrong they are still great units, but I was itching to expand a bit more. You know, widen that horizon just a tad... I came across Catalinbread's units at one time not too long ago and I was VERY MUCH impressed & looked into getting either a Super Chili Picoso, or the Sagrado Poblano Picoso. I have heard nothing but great stuff regarding these lil' boutique boost stompers. I came across a BMF Effects 'Fat Bastard' by chance and I really melded with it. That one may add a ever-so-slight tonal change to your signal, but it's all GOOD four~shore.

Scope around some though one of those may just be your cup o' tea.

Comment

EHX makes a nano Linear Power Boost for under $50.

Comment

The first thing I thought of was the MXR Micro Amp.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

recently tried this Rocktron & it's a great booster unit if you are already happy with your primary drive (amp/ pedal):

Psychic Horns

Comment

I tried a bunch, but have had my Duncan booster at every gig for the past couple years. Love that pedal. Bossts my amps sound w/o color. I found the MXR to add a lot of treble, I had it for a day and brought it back.
                      ]
                      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

RGW Bad Bob Boost: http://www.tonefactor.com/proddetail.php?prod=RGWBadBob

Analogman Beano: http://www.analogman.com/beano.htm

I've got both...the Bad Bob is more of a clean boost that won't effect the tone...just pure clean boost up to 20dBs.

The Beano isn't really a "clean" boost; it can distort the tone a bit, adding a little crunch as opposed to grit (if that makes any sense)...no beehive here

Together, they're awesome !!!

Oh, and ZVex makes one called the SHO (Super Hard On )...it's supposed to be pretty damned sweet too, but I've never tried one.
                        Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 05-19-2007, 07:18 AM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by bloodswords View Post
                          recently tried this Rocktron & it's a great booster unit if you are already happy with your primary drive (amp/ pedal):

+1 and if you are slightly less than happy with your primary drive this will improve it. A lower setting makes your amp crunchier and a higher setting gives a great solo boost.
                          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

unlike many booster units, the boost range isn't diverse enough to make the player hear a marked difference. the Nitro did well to offer a wide sweep IMO.
                            Psychic Horns

Comment

SD sfx 01 Pickup Booster

Comment

Working...
                              X