Best Booster Pedal?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Booster Pedal?????

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...er-?sku=150092 It's only $39!

Comment

People tend to overthink these designs. All you need is a simple one knob "clean boost" pedal. They can be available for pretty cheap. Heck, I have a boutique
      "true bypass" one that I'll sell for $50.
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99 View Post
        Oh, and ZVex makes one called the SHO (Super Hard On)...it's supposed to be pretty damned sweet too, but I've never tried one.
        I completely forgot about the SHO, it is a superb unit actually. Pony up to the plate and support an artist as well as an innovative sci-fi tinkerer. The cool thing about the various SHO units are that they all sound good, but all look different depending on the artists who painted it. If you can find any of Laura Bennett's markings around she's painted some really cool abstract type skins for various models. Add some flavour to the floor.

Comment

I've heard great things about the SD pickup booster, andhave seen clips off the site of it being used. However I've got the impression it's more for pup colouring as its primary purpose, and therefore would boost your sound before distortion and effects rather than after, though it can be put last and used as a boost, you don't get the pup colouring options.

I still say go with the High Gain volume + boost pedal, it's SWEET!
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
            I've heard great things about the SD pickup booster, andhave seen clips off the site of it being used. However I've got the impression it's more for pup colouring as its primary purpose, and therefore would boost your sound before distortion and effects rather than after, though it can be put last and used as a boost, you don't get the pup colouring options.

I still say go with the High Gain volume + boost pedal, it's SWEET!
            It only tinkers with the resonant peak of your pickups if it is first in line and it has the slider switch in position of one of the modes. It can be set for just being a simple boost, which is what i used it for until i decided i prefered the way my OD boosts my signal for leads. If i want a clean boost or volume boost (in loop) i would reach for it again.

Comment

For a little variation on the concept, many people like to use EQs, compressors, and rocker volume pedals for a more customizable boost.
              Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

I just Use my Boss GE-7, Works Great!!

~Mitch~
                Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

Working...
                X