higain marshall sound from a pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: higain marshall sound from a pedal?

An old friend of mine used to use the Tonebone Hot British and it was a pretty high gain pseudo Marshall box. With that said, I've heard nothing, but rave reviews about the Crunch Box not just here, but on other forums so it must be a solid pedal.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post
      I separeted those two you know
      Lots of distortion is not the same as loud, high gain means it has a huge powersupply, and some high tolerance components that are very very effecient.
      JCM800 are not all that very distorted.
      High gain means loud....alot of distortion...means very saturated and with lots of compression.....high gain is not alot of distortion....man sometimes I get aggrevated over the misuse of terms

Alot of the pedals we use(use the terms gain and drive)These adjust the overall overdrive or distortion characteristics of the overall pedal tone...It's kind of a play on words I guess?

Same thing with the Brits using the word "Valve" and us "tube"...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

if no one has said it yet a Diamond Fireburst is a great high gain Marshall like sounding pedal with low noise and high quality parts!

Comment

Working...
        X