Clear All

• Egnater Rebel 30

Anybody know about these amps. They really look great and only $800

Variable wattage control, 1 - 30 watts;
    Tube mix control: blends 6V6 with EL84;
    Reverb;
    Footswitch;
    Buffered effects loop.

I haven't played or heard them myself, but I've heard people say they are really good amps. What say you.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Re: Egnater Rebel 30

bump.

Anyone have any experience with this amp?

Comment

Don't know about the 30, but I played the 20, and I was not impressed at all. I usually like a thick overdrive type of sound, and the Rebel 20 did not deliver it. I found it way too thin overall, and I think the tube mix knob is a feature that is not all that useable.

I would suggest other amps, but I really don't have enough information. What kind of tone do you want? And what kind of music do you play? And what kind of pickups will be pushing it? And what kind of speakers will it be pushing?

Comment

Actually I'm looking for versatility in tone. I have about 6 guitars that are my favorites....'57 Strat bell-like singles to SG with Dirty Fingers and everything in between. I play all kinds of rock with some jazz and blues and soft-rock (hense the need for versatility). I'll be playing thru a 2x12 Avatar Vintage cab with Celestion G12K-100s.

Don't have much $$$ to spend right now, so it's got to be reasonable quality (doesn't need to be top-end stuff) at a very reasonable (cheap) price. My wife would kill me if I spent too much...then I wouldn't be able to enjoy playing it anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X