Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nad! Bogner

Shiva that is... 6L6 version

Should be at my doorstep by the end of the week. Full review will be posted soon after. Can hardly contain myself at this point...

Beer me!
    Originally posted by Kam
    ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Re: Nad! Bogner

Sweet! The EL-34 one is my pride and joy, I'm sure you'll dig that 6L6 one!
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Well, if it's going to show up does that mean you didn't find it at the show this weekend?
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
        Well, if it's going to show up does that mean you didn't find it at the show this weekend?
        Yeah, the guitar show was a total waste of time for me, other that getting to meet the Gearmanndude. The only thing i bought was a door mat from the DR strings booth. Visual sound has some new pedals coming out... but they weren't for sale!?!? I cant stand when people dangle awesomeness in front of your face then you cant have it...
        Beer me!
        Originally posted by Kam

Comment

Welcome to the club!! Congrats!

Comment

Hey that's great woemoejack.

Congratulations !!!!

Looking forward to your views on it.
            Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
            Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

my Bogner Shiva EL34 is the best amp I've owned, period. You'll love it.
              Blessed is he who expects little for he shall not be disappointed.
              You can educate ignorance but you can not educate stupidity.

Originally posted by stratocastered
              In a world where its necessary for a man to wax his chest, you'll find me parallel parking perfectly with a 12-pack and a full beard.
              http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/11...65/Artist/link

Comment

Fed Ex man brings boxes to make people happy. I wonder what it is???

Large box begat smaller box...
                Almost there...

Looks pretty good. I'll review it later... time to disturb the peace.
                Last edited by woemoejack; 04-24-2010, 03:57 PM.
                Beer me!
                Originally posted by Kam

Comment

Very few amps put chills up your spine like a Bogner turned up loud!
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

well, so far this thing is one bad mofo. the cleans are what surprised me the most. I knew the gain would be great, and it surpassed my expectations... but the cleans are just heavenly. they are warm and articulated with the humbuckers and have all the brightness, clarity, and chime you need with the singles in the tele.

it takes pedals better than any amp i've played. my overdrives, Barber LTD and Wampler Ecstacy, just sing over the clean channel and when paired with the gain channel it just becomes HUGE.

I'm replacing 2 of the g12-75 in my 1960 marshall with 2 WGS Veteren 30's, run them in an X pattern. We'll see how that works out. I can hardly imagine this thing sounding any better though.. Really loving it so far
                    Beer me!
                    Originally posted by Kam

Comment

Sweet. Pics are great but sound samples are better.

Comment

Originally posted by woemoejack View Post
                        well, so far this thing is one bad mofo. the cleans are what surprised me the most. I knew the gain would be great, and it surpassed my expectations... but the cleans are just heavenly. they are warm and articulated with the humbuckers and have all the brightness, clarity, and chime you need with the singles in the tele.

it takes pedals better than any amp i've played. my overdrives, Barber LTD and Wampler Ecstacy, just sing over the clean channel and when paired with the gain channel it just becomes HUGE.

I'm replacing 2 of the g12-75 in my 1960 marshall with 2 WGS Veteren 30's, run them in an X pattern. We'll see how that works out. I can hardly imagine this thing sounding any better though.. Really loving it so far
                        Yep, that sounds like a Shiva all right. Glad you're digging yours!

The G12T75/V30 combo, or other companies' takes on it, is an awesome combination. It really opens up your sound. I prefer Emi Man-O-Wars/Governors myself. I have a 2x12 with Vet 30s in it. I prefer those to actual Vintage 30s.

Comment

Working...
                        X