Rock/Metal Distortion Pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock/Metal Distortion Pedal?

My MT-2 kicked the bucket on me, and I was really wasnt too big on its sound to begin with so I don't feel too bad. But I was just wondering what people would recommend for a pedal that can do metal (from classic to death) and can even be toned back for more of a rock tone?

I've been looking at the Metal Muff but have read mixed reviews.

Rock/Metal Distortion Pedal?

Metal muff w/ top boost. I'm talking about the big 2 button one. Great pedal and can do anything you throw at it. 3 band eq so you can tweak to your hearts desire.

I can get metal to rock and even blues outta that sucker. I will never get rid of that one
    -Greg

Guitars:
    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Re: Rock/Metal Distortion Pedal?

Metal Muff is awesome...I need to get one of those!

Why not go for a Digitech Distortion Factory? TS-9, Rat, death Metal, or whatever all the pedals are in there.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I was looking at the digitech, but I want to avoid getting multi effects types pedals because of the digital sound to them.

Comment

personally, i don't care for heavy distortion pedals because of how much they color the tone. on the other hand, i like running a TS type pedal into either a medium distortion pedal or a fuzz, depending on what mood i'm in. i run an mxr classic overdrive into one of three pedals; an mxr classic distortion for old school classic rock stuff, a modded ds-1 for my 80s metal and overall rock sound, and a little big muff for either heavy fuzzed out mayhem or for heavy metal tones.
          Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
          ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

I've already got a DS-1, so I'm looking for something that can go heavier (I like to chug my powerchords) and the DS-1 just doesnt quite do it for that. Good for rock stuff though.

Comment

Although I haven't been in your boat specifically, if you already have a DS-1, you may just mod it to get where you need. I modded my SD-1 with Monte Allums' GT mod, and it made a world of difference. It's one of my favorite pedals now.

If you have the fine motor skills to put together a Lego set, you could do the mod yourself. Just follow his instructions carefully, and it'll cost you about $25 total. Check it out here. ImmortalSix did one of these mods, and he swears by it.

Comment

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

If you got $200, I'd get this!

Here is the awesome Suhr Riot distortion pedal running into the front of my OD100se+ using the Clean CH1.Mark

Comment

rat
                    distortion +

Comment

I like the HardWire TL-2. This demo doesn't do it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzgxc62ZWSk
                      "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

I have an MXR Dist.+ for sale if anyones interested. Brand new, barely used.

Comment

Rocktron Silver Dragon.

Comment

Purple Plexi.

Comment

get yourself a good high gain amp and OD pedal and your set for life on distortion =)
                              [B]"For Those About to Rock, We Solute You"
                              AC/DC

Comment

Working...
                              X