Top 5 most underrated/overlooked amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 5 most underrated/overlooked amps

Gibson amps.. a few of my favourite records were made with them and I've seen 2 players live with old Gibson amps and they sound amazing, but we all forget they exist sometimes.

Most high end solid state amps.. Polytone, Henricksen, Jazzkat amps and so on, as well as some of the ss amps made in the 70s and 80s like the ones mentioned above, but I'll add ones like the Fender Ultimate Chorus..

An interesting one that I believe is underrated.. Fender Frontman amps, I've used them plentifully in the practice rooms and studios at school, and played a few gigs with them and they sound really quite nice and lush, but most people see them as beginner amps and toss them after a year or so before their ears develop.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Comment

1. Dime Amplification D100 120W Guitar Amp Head - Legendary tone
      2. Line 6 Spider IV HD150 150W Guitar Amp Head - Well made versatility
      3. ISP Technologies Theta 300W Guitar Amp Head - Rivals popular tube amps
      4. Ibanez TBX150H Guitar Amp Head - Brutal, versatile, and user-friendly
      5. Randall Kirk Hammett KH75 75W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp - Metallica makes any amp sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
        Traynor YCV series, those amps kick some serious booty, but I don't hear people talk about them often.
        It looks to me at the time of my post that the YCV series by Traynor is mentioned more than anything else. I've had a few others, and tried quite a few others but I own two of the YCV series:

I've seen a few jaws drop when people have tried them at my place.

I was also asking a really good player what he thought of 'how the guitar sounded' that he was trying and he said "I don't really know because the amp is so nice that it's hard to judge how much is the guitar and how much is the amp".

Comment

I've played through both the red and blue Traynor YCV amps and I have a tough time believing that they are under-rated. They definitely fit the "overlooked" criteria though. I don't know why these amps aren't way more popular than they are.

Comment

Yamaha DG series modeling amps.
            "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
            Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
            guitar pic site
            Original prog rock on soundcloud
            Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
            Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Working...
            X