banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the loudest rig you've ever played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the loudest rig you've ever played?

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
    Yes. Last I heard the waiting list was approaching 1 year.
    John hopefully is dropping everything right now to build my Diabolical.
    Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    Let's see if I have any worth the while to say....pedals are never better than the amps they are used on
    But my guess will probally slanting towards a positive outcome!
    www.goburnband.com
    www.myspace.com/goburnband
    www.reverbnation.com/theecricket

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Huff View Post
      John hopefully is dropping everything right now to build my Diabolical.
      Realizing that I make every amp sound the same has kind of killed my amp gas.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
        Realizing that I make every amp sound the same has kind of killed my amp gas.

That's why I have 5 amps for sale currently.
        Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
        Let's see if I have any worth the while to say....pedals are never better than the amps they are used on
        But my guess will probally slanting towards a positive outcome!
        www.goburnband.com
        www.myspace.com/goburnband
        www.reverbnation.com/theecricket

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Huff View Post
          That's why I have 5 amps for sale currently.
          I just sold a bunch of stuff off but the used market is pretty slow so I'm waiting until November to re-list... hopefully cash in on the Christmas buying season.
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

diezel herbert full stack. I played it at the local music store a friend of my fathers has . He bought it from a guy that traded it in for a smaller unit plus cash.

that thing was the loudest i have ever heard
            THEY SAY A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. UNLESS THIS IS THE PICTURE AND THE ONLY WORDS I CAN THINK OF ARE "WHAT THE FU@K HAPPENED TO YOU?"
            sigpic
            Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet
            Bogner UberKab
            Washburn Nuno N24 Vintage
            Seymour Duncan El Diablo
            Schecter 006 Elite
            Seymour Duncan AHB 2 Blackout Metal

Comment

2nd or 3rd place for me. Loud and clear. All strings are heard at all times:

+

+

=

tele / wolfie
              pittbull 50cl
              greenbacks

Comment

my 2 vox ac30's running in stereo could blow any marshall stack out of the "watter". haha pun intended
                Vox AC30 6TBX,Vox AC30 cc2(webber bluedogs)
                boss fv-500 volume
                fender pt100
                visual sound route 66
                ibanez ts9
                boss dd-20
                boss dd-7
                line6 verbzilla
                gibson LP plain top honey burst
                fender american tele white

Comment

A couple of weeks ago at the Tone Geeks open house in Baltimore, MD, I played an offset Marshall plexi half stack opened wide with (and without) an Xotic BB Preamp in front.

Definitely the best-sounding ultra-loud setup I've heard to date.
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

My Fender Tonemaster half stack made my Slash Marshall half stack seem quiet and my 67 Dual Showman with 2x15 cab seem neutered. Zinky's creation was very very loud.
                    -Gibson LP & SG, G&L Legacy HB
                    -1977 Marshall JMP 2204, Fargen Townhouse 5w

Comment

The loudest I used live was a Park75 head with a BF Showman head, the Park into a 4x12" 25 watts Greenies, and the Showman into a 2x12" with Celestion 30H's....

The Hiwatt I always lend to our various bassplayers...haha

Anyways.....scaled down to an 67 AC-30 and a Pro Jr in the late 90's....and then since I have not bothered with any bands.....

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
                        In the early 90's, I used to run a pair of JCM900 4101 combos, running at 100w, into their own 12's and down to another pair of Marshall 1912 1x12 cabs, with a Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp in a rack splitting them into stereo. So that was 100w per side in stereo, running into 4 12's. This was to counter an insanely loud bass player beside me. I did that 5 nights a week for nearly two years. I developed tinnitus shortly thereafter. I used to surprise my stage tech at soundchecks by waiting until he was passing in front of my rig and slamming a very quick E power chord. It made him lift off, vertically. It seemed funny at the time. Now I have a different frequency ringing in each ear at slightly different volumes, 24 hours a day, and have had for the past 19 years. For most of my professional work, I now use an 18w amp.

Cheers.................................... wahwah
                        Things are a lot different nowadays. With in ear monitors you don't need as much volume as we did before. I had a 300W Ampeg into two 4 12's. At the end of every gig I played all I could hear was ringing in my ears. Today my amps have less wattage but I don't play much lower in volume. To a certain degree it really comes down to tone. Sometimes you just have to crank it to get a good sound. 40 to 60W is about all you need for just about any stage, but that can be earsplitting volume.
                        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by claytonc View Post
                          HIWATT DR405 400w into four 4x12 cabs.

Or this

now you are talking!

Comment

I had my Marshall 6100 and 6100LM each with 1960b cabs, each close to full tilt in stereo (yes with proper stereo delay). I could feel the air pushin' me across the room. Even in the dead of winter, in the back half of 15 acres, with the house all sealed up, my neighbor that lives 1/3 mile away called to see if it was me after the music stopped. I didn't quite hear the phone initially, saw the incoming call light come on.
                            '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgangs, '08 SanDimas, '09 SanDimas.

Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2502, assorted 4X12 & 2X12 Cabs.
                            A smattering of some little boxes, and a couple mounted lighty up things.

Comment

In my garage band days, I had a JCM800 and the other guitarist had a superlead into a 1960A 4x12 each. We got drunk and in a confined space of a about 20' by 10' we scraped the pair of them flat out and jammed for about 2 hrs.

I couldn't hear anything for a week, and we were never allowed to play in that garage again. Happy memories....I've played through louder PA setups, but that was the most ear damage i ever inflicted upon myself.
                              "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

Good ol Twin Reverb RI.

Comment

Working...
                                X