Played my new Bugera 333xl at practice for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played my new Bugera 333xl at practice for the first time

Well i finally got to practice (by practice i mean we dont have a band we just get together and jam 2 times a week) and the other guitarist has a peavey 6505 head and a 4x12 cab. we started to play and he stopped and said play something so i did and he said that he has had several med/high end heads and this thing is as good sounding as his 6505 head and i thought that it as well (but i am bias but he pulled out his brothers old jsx peavey and it is eerie how similar my bugera and that jsx sounds. only differance is the bugera has more of a low tight punch but anyway we had a great time.
    THEY SAY A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. UNLESS THIS IS THE PICTURE AND THE ONLY WORDS I CAN THINK OF ARE "WHAT THE FU@K HAPPENED TO YOU?"
    sigpic
    Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet
    Bogner UberKab
    Washburn Nuno N24 Vintage
    Seymour Duncan El Diablo
    Schecter 006 Elite
    Seymour Duncan AHB 2 Blackout Metal

Re: Played my new Bugera 333xl at practice for the first time

ummm

HIGH FIVE BRO
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Cool.

Comment

green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Give up some more details man. You just got a new amp that rocks and you described it in like two sentences. Details, details, details......
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Putting a boost in front of it?

Comment

It's amazing what new tubes and a better speaker will do to a bugera. Put Sovteks and a Weber in my V5 and it came to LIFE!

Do you got a head or combo? If a head what kind of cab are you using? If combo do you plan to add an extension cab? Are the tubes stock or have you swapped them?
              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

lets hope she works as well 5 years from now!

Comment

I have the head. I did not have any problems with it although it did seem to take a bit for the tubes to warm up.

I love the tone although i do run an mxr108 e.q. to sculpt the tone a bit. But as far as distortion it nails it. well rounded to say the least. The lows are tight not floppy and muddy at all I have my mids that have a nice punch to them and i keep the highs on about a 4.

It is amazing when you have a decent head how you notice how many mistakes you actually made oh before i forget i use a sonic stomp from BBE this thing is amazing if you get the chance pick one up.

I did have to get a used ns2 because now that i can play at a higher volume it get a touch feed backish.

anywho I know Bugera isnt a mesa by a long shot but thats what i can afford right now and i personally think its a good sounding head as i said before for the money you cant beat it.

Oh i did talk to a guy in a local death metal band and this is what he plays. he said he has beat the crap out of his (not the same model ) and its much more rugged than people give credit for.
                  THEY SAY A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. UNLESS THIS IS THE PICTURE AND THE ONLY WORDS I CAN THINK OF ARE "WHAT THE FU@K HAPPENED TO YOU?"
                  sigpic
                  Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet
                  Bogner UberKab
                  Washburn Nuno N24 Vintage
                  Seymour Duncan El Diablo
                  Schecter 006 Elite
                  Seymour Duncan AHB 2 Blackout Metal

Comment

YESSIR!! Bugera owners unite!! I have a 333XL and it slays. To be fair, I did mod it a bit and I have an Art SGX 2000 in the loop and an Aphex 104 before preamp and in the loop. I had the BBEs, a few of em. I like the Aphex better for "enhancement." But that's just me. I don't care how many chinese babies died in the process of the 333XL's construction. CHINESE BABY SACRIFICE IS METAL

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonrr View Post
                      CHINESE BABY SACRIFICE IS METAL

Comment

Found you one. Apparently it's the last. Better hurry.

Good luck finding enough simultaneous face palms for that SUUCKKAHH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by distortionhead View Post
                          it is eerie how similar my bugera and that jsx sounds.
                          I'm not surprised, 'coz I was under the impression the 333xl is actually a XXX/JSX clone (more or less). Either way, sounds like you've got a killer amp

Comment

Working...
                          X