Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: any suggestions on wireless units?

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
    IMO, the size of the venue or distance to amp/effects doesn't matter - its a convenience factor. One less thing to worry about/think about when I'm playing. I don't have to worry about where my cable is, flicking it, or in a crowded space - standing on it. If I do move around my small space, I don't have to worry about it getting tangled up in my pedal board or reeling it in.

And, no I'm not trying to be cool. Its a joy playing "unplugged". I'll admit, batteries are a drag especially when they die. They get expensive too. I'll occasionally use my cable to economize, but them I'm instantly reminded of how liberating it is to be cable-free.

Different strokes for different folks, you know how it is...
    This. I run a Sennheiser Freeport wireless system even when I practice at home. I don't notice any tone loss or other ill-effects. The freedom of motion is totally worth it to me.
    Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
    I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
      This. I run a Sennheiser Freeport wireless system even when I practice at home. I don't notice any tone loss or other ill-effects. The freedom of motion is totally worth it to me.
      Exactly. There's no tone suck with my wireless. I use it at gigs and at home. I'll even use it at small gigs. I'm in a 5 piece band, it gets crowded. That's one less set of wires dangling around. I do move around alot, going from both sides of the stage. It helps putting on a good show performance-wise. Also the singer is crazy on stage running everywhere. A few times he stepped on the other guitarists pedals. So that's one less hazard to watch out for using a wireless.
      Originally posted by grumptruck
      No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
      Originally posted by Gear Used
      PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
      Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
      Mesa Stiletto Ace
      Gurus 5015
      Mesa Widebody 1X12
      Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
        Exactly. There's no tone suck with my wireless. I use it at gigs and at home. I'll even use it at small gigs. I'm in a 5 piece band, it gets crowded. That's one less set of wires dangling around. I do move around alot, going from both sides of the stage. It helps putting on a good show performance-wise. Also the singer is crazy on stage running everywhere. A few times he stepped on the other guitarists pedals. So that's one less hazard to watch out for using a wireless.
        I think you've nailed it with that. For my money, the more crowded or cluttered the stage, the more I like a wireless unit. I've never been able to discern any noticeable tone drain, and if there had been, I'd know how to fix that at the amp. There are those audiophiles that claim to be able to tell a difference and perhaps they can. More power to them if they prefer a cable.
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by marvar View Post
          If you buy any used units- make sure it isn't in the 700MH range- it is now illigal to use that band- as of June 12, 2010. This applies ONLY to north america.
          I'm in Europe, send 'em to me

Comment

Working...
          X