jet city amps and dave friedman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet city amps and dave friedman.

i just saw this on the jet city website. i want to try one of the ones with the brown eye mod.
    http://www.jetcityamplification.com/store/jetpacks/

Re: jet city amps and dave friedman.

Have you tried one stock yet?
    <---rockin a JCA2112RC Combo and loving it!
    Originally posted by MikeS
    a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
    Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
    whats becoming of this generation
    We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

not yet i have not been able to find any in stock anywhere.

Comment

I wonder what all that extra stuff does for the amp.
        i suppose the stock one was alright... but that just makes me wonder what those kinda mods would do for a night train

Comment

The stock one is great, and with new preamp tubes, it's really something. I'll be able to tell what new power tubes do in a week or two, but honestly there's not much about the amp that needs help.

There are murmurings around of a do-it-yourself effects loop mod, and I just bought a new baffle for more of a Soldano look to it. I am really impressed by the company so far, and Doug White is starting a new business selling custom cabinets next month also.

I've heard about several guys modding it to take out a gain stage for a clean channel, and then there's the Brown Eye mod. Apparently the Hairy Brown Eye won't work. I just don't like the idea of adding a $300 mod to a $300 amp. It seems kind of silly when the JCA50H is only $600 itself.

Comment

yeah nothing about the tone of a plain old stock Jet City makes me think "Hey this needs more gain and some other mods."

thing sounds ****ing great
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
              yeah nothing about the tone of a plain old stock Jet City makes me think "Hey this needs more gain and some other mods."

thing sounds ****ing great
              Are you trying to tell me Mike Soldano knows something about designing a guitar amplifier? Fine, twist my arm...

For the record, I think my little JCA20H sounds ****ing great.

Comment

^ yeah mista whizz i'm always tempted to place an order for one...i want a simple combo for plug-n-play rock-n-roll practice so i can leave my big rig set up...right now i keep having to readjust all my pedals for the different volume levels and crap...cuff THAT tish...

i'm having trouble deciding on the JCA20C or a Night Train. i'm thinking of just being a ******bag and getting both, then one of those head-switcher pedals...Night Train for clean, Jet City for dirty...muahahaha
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                X