Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD - As requested Stevie and Don!

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    I'm always most impressed by gear acquisitions, when it's good American stuff that traveled the world into the hands of someone who really appreciates it. I'm sure these things are the envy of other players, when it's a piece of gear that's rare to come by.

Even out here in California, I don't see many Splawn amps. They're much bigger on the east coast.
    I was at a show one time, and I went up to the bar to grab some water about 10 minutes before we got on. Two guys at the show were sitting at the bar and said "Whoa, that dude has a Splawn. That's the first one I've ever seen." They didn't know I was the guitar player, so I just chuckled.

Comment

Originally posted by lpmarshall View Post
      Looks like we have the same taste in amps:

LOL!! I too have a QR and JCM800.. guess its a natural progression!

Craig, Im so glad you are digging it!! Mine is the same but with gold piping. I LOVE the Loop volume control !! Its a friggin gas when you can open the beastie up tho!!! WHOOOO WEEEEEE! Rip your head off.
      I also praise the clarity. Its making me improve and plus the tone sounds so good, I want to play all the time.. The wife is getting bent cuz the bathroom remodel has been neglected...
      Last edited by BloodRose; 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM.
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by lpmarshall View Post
        I was at a show one time, and I went up to the bar to grab some water about 10 minutes before we got on. Two guys at the show were sitting at the bar and said "Whoa, that dude has a Splawn. That's the first one I've ever seen." They didn't know I was the guitar player, so I just chuckled.
        That's pretty much what it's like here with anything that's not a JCM900 or a DSL

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        LOL!! I too have a QR and JCM800.. guess its a natural progression!

Craig, Im so glad you are digging it!! Mine is the same but with gold piping. I LOVE the Loop volume control !! Its a friggin gas when you can open the beastie up tho!!! WHOOOO WEEEEEE! Rip your head off.
        I also praise the clarity. Its making me improve and plus the tone sounds so good, I want to play all the time.. The wife is getting bent cuz the bathroom remodel has been neglected...
        Hey Bryan!

Yep, I'm still really liking the QR. I need to spend more time with dialling it in with my 1x12 cab, and then I have to start again with my 2x12! :d

I've been told by the guys at Splawn that my chances of getting a cab or any of their Small Block speakers is pretty slim, so depending how it goes with my 2x12 I may have to start looking elsewhere for speaker ideas!

Comment

Working...
        X