Just Got a Blackstar HT-40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got a Blackstar HT-40

Glad I gave this amp another shot really starting to dig this amp, I bought it this past Sunday and got to use it with my band and no problem at all cutting through a band mix. When I initially got it the speaker was a bit stiff sounding and a tad harsh with my Les Paul but after cranking it for 3 days the Celestion 70/80 is starting to come to life the low end is starting to get much bolder and the top end is not so harsh I just back off a bit on the tone knob of my LP and get a very musical tone happening.

I'm going to play this amp stock for a while and right now I like it stock I know the 70/80 speaker is probably not every ones choice for a speaker but it actually does sound good to my ears, I like the voicing switch out on the OD channel it still has plenty of gain if needed and its very dynamic I think the amp cleans up incredibly well.

Well all I can say is the amp rocks I have a gig this Friday and Saturday night so it will be a good test for it i will get to try out the emulated output as well and see how it sounds through the P.A. i also like the digital reverb sounds convining to my ears!

Will report back later!

Re: Just Got a Blackstar HT-40

Marshallish?

I'm familiar with the HT-5 and Studio 20, but not the 40.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
      Marshallish?

I'm familiar with the HT-5 and Studio 20, but not the 40.

Yes its definitely more of a brit tone going on.

Comment

Cool, glad you like it so much. I'm really interested in Blackstar stuff. I'm currently looking at this, although I can't afford it right now.

My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
          Cool, glad you like it so much. I'm really interested in Blackstar stuff. I'm currently looking at this, although I can't afford it right now.

The head looks cool, they only had the combo's where i bought my amp have not seen the 20W head yet in person!

Comment

Blackstars sound very good.
            I really wish they had a 50 watt head with all the features of the 100 watter

Comment

Heres a pretty good demo of the HT-40. Alot of amp for the money.

Comment

Nice. I want to hear your follow up. I've been wanting a Series One 100 for a while.

Comment

Well I had my first gig with the amp last night and I felt very comfortable using it we had to keep our volume under control so I could not really push the amp but that did not effect the tone or dynamics of the amp I love the master volume on this amp.

The amp had no problem cutting through a band mix both channels sound great, for cleans I used the Blackstar Boutique mode it was set around 12:00 for a little bit of dirt and on the OD channel I use it with the voice switch out and the gain set to around 2:00 I got a real nice crunch tone and was still enough for a good solo tone as well. The only pedals I use now is a Boss DD-3 delay and a Barber Launch Pad for a solo boost I place these in the fx loop which worked nicely.

I will get to use it again tonight hopefully I can push the amp a little more plus I will get to try out the Emulated line out into the PA so far I think this amp is great for doing gigs the 40 watts are perfect for my needs.

Comment

Great amp man! Congrats!!!
                    "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

Sounds great.

Comment

2nd gig went great as well the HT-40 performed flawlessly, a big plus for me is the emulated line out sounds great into the P.A. it is just as good as the Palmer PDI-09 I have used.

Comment

I have an HT-40 too, great amp, and it sounds really good with the stock speaker IMHO, I also have a 1-12 cab that I use with it some too. I went in to try out the 20, and playing the 20 and the 40 side by side, it was worth the extra $100 for the 40. The voicing switched are really nice, and the 40 had better tone. I'm not sure if it is because of the bigger box (I tried combos), or because both the 20 and the 40 are running EL34s, but the 40 has to be running them hotter to get double the power out of them, although 40W still isn't pushing EL34s to their limits. They are doing some SS magic them too, they only use 2 12AX7s, but in the end, they sound great at a great price, both important criteria to me. And the great sounding DI recording in standby mode is a big bonus.

My <$0.02...

Comment

How clean is the clean channel on the 20W?

I am seriously considering one of these amps just because of the silent recording/line out feature. Without something like that I am forced to use a digital processor in one venue where I play. They won't allow amps (read - stage volume).

The 40W is only available as a combo ... right?
                            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                              The 40W is only available as a combo ... right?
                              Apparently the 40 and 60 are only available as combos, for a head you can either get the 20 or the 100, go figure...

Comment

Working...
                              X