listen to this new orange!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listen to this new orange!

I would rock the crap out of this thing!!

Buy Now: https://goo.gl/4keQsEThe Orange Thunder 30 TH30 Head is one versatile beast, with 30 watt, 15 watt, and 7.5 watt settings. Output is configurable in...

-Chris
    2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
    Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
    Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Re: listen to this new orange!

Dude.

<YOUTUBE>6Akwf5sLk-o</YOUTUBE>

Capiche?

I don't want to open new windows, tabs, whatever for your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
      Dude.

Capiche?

I don't want to open new windows, tabs, whatever for your posts.
      how did you get the video box to come up? I only how to copy and paste the URL address
      2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
      Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
      Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Click on the "Go Advanced" link at the bottom of the page. After that look for the youtube tab, which is all the way to the right. Click it. Now, look at the url of the video, "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Akwf5sLk-o". All you need is this portion, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Akwf5sLk-o (the highlighted part). Copy that and paste it between the youtube "code" and you'll get this:

Comment

when you want to include a youtube in your post

1. click "Go Advanced" instead of "Post Quick Reply"

2. hit the red Youtube button, which will place the above Youtube html tags in the text field where you are typing the beautiful things you say

3. place the unique identifier, which is the orange text above, in between the Youtube html tags

4. hit the "Preview Post" button to make sure it worked before hitting "Submit Reply"
          tele / wolfie
          pittbull 50cl
          greenbacks

Comment

the amp seems neat, but the price tag on it might be too steep for me, when next I go shopping, which is any time, any time, any ol' time
            tele / wolfie
            pittbull 50cl
            greenbacks

Comment

Comment

FWIW, i perfer tone of its 50W brother ten times more.

There might not be too much of a volume diff between 30 & 50 watts, but just listen to this monster tone :

Sorry, but imho, the new 30W model looses big time tone wise (for me) against the older amp.

YMMV
                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Cost aside, I think the Thunder 30 is tonally too similar to its bigger brothers (RV50 and TV50) to justify getting one. At the same wattage and for even cheaper, I reckon the Dual Terror holds on its own better with its open, dynamic and raw tone.
                  Last edited by Animal; 12-09-2010, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Orange amps has very few features at a very high price. The only Orange amp I would like to put my hands on is the Rockerverb 50.

Comment

Totally dig my Rocker 30, but this would be a nice step up, with more clean headroom, selectable watts and that famous crunch...I'd hit it.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                      Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                      Celestion speakers
                      Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                      Too many pedals....

Comment

Used to borrow an old 100 watter from a buddy.
                        Those new ones does not sound much like they used to do.

Comment

I think it sounds amazing. But then, I'll admit to being a bit of an Orange fanboi. I love everything they've put out lately and I'm in love with that modern Orange sound. Nothing else like it, really. It's just such a real nasty, crunchy, sneery, venomous sound. They're all way out of my price range but still, some day...
                          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                            Used to borrow an old 100 watter from a buddy.
                            Those new ones does not sound much like they used to do.

I agree !

If you like the 70's models like the OR80 & OR120, then you are better off looking a the Retro 50

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                              I think it sounds amazing. But then, I'll admit to being a bit of an Orange fanboi. I love everything they've put out lately and I'm in love with that modern Orange sound. Nothing else like it, really. It's just such a real nasty, crunchy, sneery, venomous sound. They're all way out of my price range but still, some day...

Have you looked at GAK's prices ?

Not that bad, if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                              X