banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it wrong to order two pedals for Xmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it wrong to order two pedals for Xmas?

Let's say these two pedals were the
    EHX Memory Toy and
    Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive

Am I a bad person for doing this?

...(expecting to get them next week. I was set on getting a Memory Boy, but the company didn't have any in stock and I got a discount on another delay, they suggested the Memory Boy deluxe. But it seems too much for what I want. I asked if the discount would apply to the MP:SHO...which sold out today, so I got a discount on that too. Seeing as how they haven't adjusted prices for the Euro's increasing value, I deemed it a good idea to get one early.)
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Re: Is it wrong to order two pedals for Xmas?

It's only wrong if you don't create a thread about it
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
      It's only wrong if you don't create a thread about it
      .... or if you fail to write a review.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Dude wtf get both or save...
        "Silence has a voice and true music teach you silence..."

"Dude, lower the volume..." Said the Drummer.

sigpic LOL!

Comment

Only two pedals? Don't feel bad or guilty. I've received a Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus Custom Shop Quilt Top and a Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus in the same week before. That was a great week!!

Comment

Wrong?! Is it wrong?? Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? No but I do it anyway, because it's sterile and I like the taste.
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
              Wrong?! Is it wrong?? Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? No but I do it anyway, because it's sterile and I like the taste.
              Well said.
              Originally posted by grumptruck
              No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
              Originally posted by Gear Used
              PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
              Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
              Mesa Stiletto Ace
              Gurus 5015
              Mesa Widebody 1X12
              Pedalboard

Comment

I might get a pair of boxers for xmas...
                Some ppl are just too lucky -_-"
                "Silence has a voice and true music teach you silence..."

"Dude, lower the volume..." Said the Drummer.

sigpic LOL!

Comment

Is it wrong?? Not at all! Christmas is about giving, so you can order as many pedals as you want to give to me.. Id be very grateful.
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                    .... or if you fail to write a review.
                    Stay tuned...
                    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                      Only two pedals? Don't feel bad or guilty. I've received a Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus Custom Shop Quilt Top and a Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus in the same week before. That was a great week!!
                      I'd have a guilt trip of epic proportions if I did something like that. Thank God for now all I can do is two pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by Markk View Post
                        I'd have a guilt trip of epic proportions if I did something like that. Thank God for now all I can do is two pedals.
                        Well, you have to realize that I'm not married, I don't have any children, I was living in an apartment, my truck was paid off, and all my bills probably didn't total more than $750-$800 per month at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                          Well, you have to realize that I'm not married, I don't have any children, I was living in an apartment, my truck was paid off, and all my bills probably didn't total more than $750-$800 per month at that time.
                          Oh I can totally understand that...but I'd still probably have a guilt trip

Maybe something about splurging unnecessarily on one's self has been passed down to me from my parents/grandparents?

...so what happened towards the end of that week? Sold them?

Comment

...so what happened towards the end of that week? Sold them?
                            I have no idea what happened at the end of the week, but I still own and play both guitars.

Comment

Let's say these two pedals were the
                              EHX Memory Toy and
                              Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive

Am I a bad person for doing this?

...(expecting to get them next week. I was set on getting a Memory Boy, but the company didn't have any in stock and I got a discount on another delay, they suggested the Memory Boy deluxe. But it seems too much for what I want. I asked if the discount would apply to the MP:SHO...which sold out today, so I got a discount on that too. Seeing as how they haven't adjusted prices for the Euro's increasing value, I deemed it a good idea to get one early.)
                              I don't know how ordering two pedals would constitue a wrong. Now if you bought a couple pedals and instead of making sure that your kids are fed then, yeah, that's wrong. But if you've got the money and the interest then... what of it?

Edit: just sae the part about the guilt trip. You wouldn't be German or Catholic by any chance, would you???
                              Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                              I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Working...
                              X