JSX under a new name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSX under a new name?

Anybody know if the JSX line is going to be continued under a new name? Seems like a lot of online sources no longer stock them. I assume that Joe's move to Marshall is the cause.

Basically, I just want to be sure that I might still be able to get one new this year -- I'm looking at completely changing my amp lineup, and the JSX is near the top of the list for an EL34 amp.

(And I'd hate to have to go with Bugera to get the sound...)

Re: JSX under a new name?

I'm afraid you might be SOL unless you find someone who has old stock of JSX's around. Yup he went with Marshall now, they've tweaked a JVM for him to use. Try playing a 3120 with EL34's and see how that fits you. If not you'll probably have to wait until the next Namm to see if peavey has anything in the works but i haven't heard anything yet. They did just release the Butcher. see how that works as well. Good Luck.

PS the 3120 is the new version of the XXX which is the basis for the JSX (but there are differences)
    Ibanez S520-> NS2->TS9 (Monte Allums Modded)->JCA100H->Emi Texas Heat 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by Mononoaware View Post
      Anybody know if the JSX line is going to be continued under a new name? Seems like a lot of online sources no longer stock them. I assume that Joe's move to Marshall is the cause.

Basically, I just want to be sure that I might still be able to get one new this year -- I'm looking at completely changing my amp lineup, and the JSX is near the top of the list for an EL34 amp.

(And I'd hate to have to go with Bugera to get the sound...)
      I have not heard anything of it moving forward like the 5150 had. They pop at decent prices used.

Is it true the XXX was a Lynch amp that never got his endorsement at the last minute?
      #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
      #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
      #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
      #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
      #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
      Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
      Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
      Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by LoFiBrian View Post
        Is it true the XXX was a Lynch amp that never got his endorsement at the last minute?
        Yup, went through all the design, etc. with him - then he jumped ship (to Randall I think).
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

here is my brand new triple x.....got it home christmas eve a couple weeks ago....although out of production for a little while,g.c. still had one in their inventory...you should still be able to get the jsx......i got my triple x on clearance for 499 bucks..new...out the door.
          play louder than the other guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by LoFiBrian View Post
            I have not heard anything of it moving forward like the 5150 had. They pop at decent prices used.

Yeah that's what i heard about the XXX. I guess he did the same with Genz Benz, or he did endorse Genze Benze for a short time and they went and got endorsed by Randall.

Comment

g.c.,in houston...on westeimer...has a jsx head,new.....phone number is 713-952-9070.....ask for jim in guitars...they can ship it to another store or even your home.

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
                Yup, went through all the design, etc. with him - then he jumped ship (to Randall I think).
                i thought joe satriani was involved with the developement of the triple x.

Comment

George lynch helped with the design , I had a combo but really like the distortion too much.
                  tone slut
                  Marshall DSL 40C
                  Fender EVH Striped Series
                  Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
                  Fender Squier Tele Affinity
                  Mogami cables

Comment

Originally posted by ravendouglas View Post
                    i thought joe satriani was involved with the developement of the triple x.
                    No, Joe used the Triple X, he worked with Peavey to design the JSX which was based off of the crunch channel of the Triple X.
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

hey ravendouglas... you don't miss any opportunity to show your tube amp with the wireless amp channel switcher
                      Last edited by crguti; 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
                        No, Joe used the Triple X, he worked with Peavey to design the JSX which was based off of the crunch channel of the Triple X.
                        Interesting. My understanding was that the Ultra channel is a refined version of the XXX, and that the JSX crunch channel is actually based on a Classic 50 that Joe owned and loved.

Regardless, thanks for the info, guys. I'm looking used now. Sort of feel obligated to clear out my Traynor Blue and Palomino before I plunge in, both for appearances sake (my GF is very understanding, but there are limits) and a floor space perspective.

Any opinions on head vs. combo JSX? Are there differences in the circuit of the two?

Comment

No word if Peavey will rebadge the JSX. What they should have done is put a voicing switch on the crunch and ultra channels and included pres and res dials to the 3120.

The JSX 50 prototype turned into the Butcher, with them scrapping the 6550's, which were Satch's request at time. The JSX 50 was actually the reason for Satch leaving Peavey, they simply didn't move fast enough for Satch in the production of the amp.
                          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

(my GF is very understanding, but there are limits)
                            Just Buy her something shiny... girls love shiny things haha
                            Any opinions on head vs. combo JSX? Are there differences in the circuit of the two?
                            No difference between head and combo, I always feel head/cabs always offer more versatility. If you choose the 2x12 i hope you have a strong back.
                            Either way you go you might want to think about future speaker changes depending on your tastes. I love peavey amp's but their speaker choices have generally been suspect at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattr4president View Post
                              No difference between head and combo, I always feel head/cabs always offer more versatility. If you choose the 2x12 i hope you have a strong back.
                              Either way you go you might want to think about future speaker changes depending on your tastes. I love peavey amp's but their speaker choices have generally been suspect at best.
                              Thanks. Speaker choice would be my first tweak to any amp. If I go with the head, I've got an Avatar 2x12 with two 50 watt greenback-type speakers that I'd start with -- but treat gently until I'd gotten something rated for higher wattage.

Must admit I'm a little intimidated by the idea of 120 watts, even though I live in a house where I can open it up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X