Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JSX under a new name?

Originally posted by Mononoaware View Post
    Thanks. Speaker choice would be my first tweak to any amp. If I go with the head, I've got an Avatar 2x12 with two 50 watt greenback-type speakers that I'd start with -- but treat gently until I'd gotten something rated for higher wattage.

Must admit I'm a little intimidated by the idea of 120 watts, even though I live in a house where I can open it up a bit.
    I hear ya, I live in a pretty rural area and I can't run mine full blast in my house, I'd kill my dog if i did. It's great in practice and live applications. But even then i don't turn up much past half way. I do run a 4x12 though which i total overkill in the house so i generaly run a POD XT through my computer.

If you like the Greenbacks, try the eminence private jacks. here's a good chart to follow. If i had a reason to go out and pick up a JSX right now i would. Really good amps.

http://thetoneking.com/wp/eminence-c...parison-chart/.
    Ibanez S520-> NS2->TS9 (Monte Allums Modded)->JCA100H->Emi Texas Heat 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by Mononoaware View Post
      Thanks. Speaker choice would be my first tweak to any amp. If I go with the head, I've got an Avatar 2x12 with two 50 watt greenback-type speakers that I'd start with -- but treat gently until I'd gotten something rated for higher wattage.

Must admit I'm a little intimidated by the idea of 120 watts, even though I live in a house where I can open it up a bit.
      i felt the same way when i bought my 3120, i found one for a very good price and i couldn't pass it up even though i was after a low watt head...it sound surprisingly good at low volumes but if course it is hard to resist cranking it to find that "sweet" spot...

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
        No, Joe used the Triple X, he worked with Peavey to design the JSX which was based off of the crunch channel of the Triple X.
        ok..did not know that.....well if it was cool enough for joe,i think it will be cool enough for me.....i am diggin it big time.
        play louder than the other guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
          hey ravendouglas... you don't miss any opportunity to show your tube amp with the wireless amp channel switcher
          smart a-s-z...lol...yeah...i havnt hooked up the foot switch..i dont really use them since i have my effects unit...i am proud of the first real amp i have ever bought....besides..this is you guys fault...all you guys did was beat into my head about tube amps rule and my s.s. amps were crap. for the better part of 3 years ..so..you created a monster.....live with it.lol

Comment

Originally posted by ravendouglas View Post
            g.c.,in houston...on westeimer...has a jsx head,new.....phone number is 713-952-9070.....ask for jim in guitars...they can ship it to another store or even your home.
            No they don't. It's damaged. Someone banged it up, tore the tolex and dented the cab in a few spots. A customer bought it, used it for a few weeks and then returned it. They still have it marked for $899 while they can be had in better condition for far less on Ebay. Be careful when you recommend GC to people.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
              No they don't. It's damaged. Someone banged it up, tore the tolex and dented the cab in a few spots. A customer bought it, used it for a few weeks and then returned it. They still have it marked for $899 while they can be had in better condition for far less on Ebay. Be careful when you recommend GC to people.
              they must have had more than one....this one was sitting on a used mesa cab...and it was 999.00...and was being sold as new. i was checking this head out when i bought my triple x.....i didnt notice any torn tolex,but i didnt give it a real look.

Comment

Going back a step, PV ultra plus' are killer too.. They became the XXX. I liked my Ultra more than the XXX
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
                  No, Joe used the Triple X, he worked with Peavey to design the JSX which was based off of the crunch channel of the Triple X.
                  The Triple X that Joe used, was not a Triple X. His heads had different guts in them. However, it's true that the crunch channel was based off of the XXX.

There's an interview I read, where he spoke of it. There's also a video on YouTube, with him explaining all of this.

Comment

Working...
                  X