My New-ish Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New-ish Rig

Here's my rig as of Jan. 2011. The LP is pretty recent, so is some of the pedals and the board. Just never had time to make a "real" post with decent pix. The SG I had for years but never really played, thus it's almost like a NGD.

I still plan on getting either a Carvin Legacy I head or a VOX AC15/30 head. Probably leaning towards the Legacy. Also looking to pick up a Gibson Flying V. I may just be done after that.............. but probably not. At least I'm happy for now.

The Rig:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe, 1982 Epiphone SG Special, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100, Avatar G212H Traditional 212 cab with Celestion Vintage 30 and a Classic Lead 80 and a pedal board.

The pedal board consists of a Line 6 G30 Wireless receiver, Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner, Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature Crybaby Wah, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1 Ultra Distortion, MXR ZW44 Zakk Wylde OD, MXR ZW38 Zakk Wylde Black Label Chorus, MXR M169 Carbon Copy Analog Delay and a Marshall amp switch/channel changer.

And now for some gear pron!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Re: My New-ish Rig

That looks like a nice, tidy rig!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

They look like one big, happy family!
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Nice rig ! I love that Les paul nice guitar always liked the deluxe.

Comment

the deluxe is a solid guitar. Really liking how its not completely hollowed out but rather swiss cheese style. I was debating over that or a silver burst studio, but the silver burst model had some major hollow spots compared to the deluxe. Plus I like the neck better.
          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
          Mesa Stiletto Ace
          Gurus 5015
          Mesa Widebody 1X12
          Pedalboard

Comment

With a Marshall JCM 2000 going there, how do you use the DS-1?

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye View Post
              With a Marshall JCM 2000 going there, how do you use the DS-1?
              Ill use it on the clean channel for a different crunch/distorted sound. Mainly for lead work.
              Mesa Stiletto Ace
              Gurus 5015
              Mesa Widebody 1X12
              Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
                Ill use it on the clean channel for a different crunch/distorted sound. Mainly for lead work.
                I've thought about using a DS-1 as a boost for solos myself...what are your thoughts, opinions?

Also, the rig looks like it SOUNDS killer...got any soundclips?

Comment

The DSL has enough gain on it's own but it nice not being locked into the sort-of-limited palette of the DSL's red channel.

That DSL does a great job of making even cheap pedals sound freaking AWESOME

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye View Post
                    I've thought about using a DS-1 as a boost for solos myself...what are your thoughts, opinions?

Also, the rig looks like it SOUNDS killer...got any soundclips?
                    If your using the red channel specifically with the gain at noon or less ds1 works real well as a solo boost or to push the amp harder. Its amazing on green/orange
                    Mesa Stiletto Ace
                    Gurus 5015
                    Mesa Widebody 1X12
                    Pedalboard

Comment

Working...
                    X