banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many different Dist/OD pedals do you have on your board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many different Dist/OD pedals do you have on your board?

I really wanted to try and keep my pedal board to a minimum when I get to that part, but there's just so many cool pedals out there that it's going to be hard to do.

I known for sure I want a Plexitone, Jemini, a fuzz, and a distortion +. There's a bunch more on top of that could possibly make the list easily and those aren't even really booteek pedals.

I'm going to need an 8 channel looper and a rack just to store my pedals in LOL!
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Re: How many different Dist/OD pedals do you have on your board?

just a muff pi and a ds-2.

i want a green rhino and a fulldrive 2 though.

Comment

Right now I have a Bad Monkey and Sunface.
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Yikes right now I have the following.

Durham Zia Drive
        SRB808 PLus
        Mi Boost n Buff
        Frantone "the Sweet"
        Boss ds-1 (cant seem to get it off my board)
        DOD Fx56 (supra Dist)

Im getting rid of the ds-1 and supra I like them just want to find something to replace them.

Comment

I have three on my main board, a Timmy for transparent gain boost, a Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive for an 808 voicing, and a Landgraff Mo'D for a RAT type voicing. They all play nice together, so I keep their gains fairly low and work the various combinations for a broad gain range palette. There's also an MI Boost'n'Buff at the end of the chain as a line driver and clean boost option.

For different gigs and sessions I have a selection of different voiced drives for specific sounds. They include;

BJFE Honey Bee
          Lovepedal Eternity (white handwired '06)
          Hermida Zendrive
          KR Gypsy Fuzz
          Jetter Gain Stage Purple
          Rockbox Boiling Point
          AM NKT Sunface

Cheers....................................... wahwah
          Highway Star
          Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
          Mistreated
          Cause We Ended As Lovers
          Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
          Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
            I have three on my main board, a Timmy for transparent gain boost, a Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive for an 808 voicing, and a Landgraff Mo'D for a RAT type voicing. They all play nice together, so I keep their gains fairly low and work the various combinations for a broad gain range palette. There's also an MI Boost'n'Buff at the end of the chain as a line driver and clean boost option.

For different gigs and sessions I have a selection of different voiced drives for specific sounds. They include;

BJFE Honey Bee
            Hermida Zendrive
            KR Gypsy Fuzz
            Jetter Gain Stage Purple
            Rockbox Boiling Point
            AM NKT Sunface

That is an awesome setup !!!

Comment

Grumble mumble....don't call us sputique flutique.......

Anyways:
              Don't use a board...never had...hehe
              I use: Ibanez Sonic Distortion, Boss DS-1, Boss SD-1, Way Huge Pork Loin, Way Huge Fat Sandwich, Ibanez MT-10, VAD Germanium Fuzz, Boss CE-2, Boss HF-2, Boss CS-2, Boss DD-5, Analogman DRX-20, Boss CE-2B.

Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 01-20-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                Grumble mumble....don't call us sputique flutique.......

Anyways:
                Don't use a board...never had...hehe
                I use: Ibanez Sonic Distortion, Boss DS-1, Boss SD-1, Way Huge Pork Loin, Way Huge Fat Sandwich, Ibanez MT-10, VAD Germanium Fuzz, Boss CE-2, Boss HF-2, Boss CS-2, Boss DD-5, Analogman DRX-20, Boss CE-2B.

Sorry Niels, wasn't putting you guys in that catagory. I probably won't use a board and just velcro them straight to the floor! I wouldn't even do that, but I dam near broke my neck with a wah once lol! If I do use one, it'll be something I cobble together out in the garage.
                Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I currently own 2 Barber pedals, the Direct Drive and Dirty Bomb, for my dirt needs. Soon to add an LTD SR. Then again, I want a Suhr Shiba Drive and Riot, plus Wampler Paisley and Plextortion.
                  1989 Greco Les Paul EG59-60
                  1992 Fernandes Telecaster
                  2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE
                  2014 Tokai Love Rock LS115F
                  2013 Ibanez Prestige RG3521
                  2018 Ibanez JCustom RG8570Z
                  Friedman Runt 50

Comment

Sorry Niels, wasn't putting you guys in that catagory

No worries haha!

Comment

I have 3 on the board, and I do own more.

A TS9DX with a Maxon board, a Dano Cool Cat Drive, and a Morley Wah with a distortion in it, which has had the clipping diodes removed to turn it into a dirty boost, which is fantastic through my Sovtek head.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                      Originally posted by Securb
                      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

GUITAR:

BASS:
                        Last edited by crguti; 09-20-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post

BJFE Honey Bee
                          Hermida Zendrive
                          KR Gypsy Fuzz
                          Jetter Gain Stage Purple
                          Rockbox Boiling Point
                          AM NKT Sunface

How do you like the Rockbox Boiling Pointe?
                          "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

I have a Timmy and an OCD v3.

I also have a SHO clone.
                            Last edited by Tor; 01-20-2011, 04:20 AM.
                            My Soundclick

Comment

One boost one dirt and one fuzz...it does change now and then but for a while it's been a Beano Boost, King if Tone overdrive and a Fuzz Face...that ocovers a LOT of ground once you start stacking...
                              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                              X