Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall JVM users!

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
    How do you guys feel about using Marshall Cabs with them though, do you think its a good match, or would something a little more powerful be a good idea?
    What do you mean by more powerful?

I think the speaker cab you use should be tailored to the type of music you want to play. The standard 1960a is a decent all around cab but you can do much better. Classic rock? Greenbacks rule, Metal, V30's work great. I play a little bit of everything (none well ) so I like to use a 1960A with Heritage G12H30's and Vintage 30's in an X pattern. It gives me the best of both worlds in one cab. I've also used a Mesa 2x12 Rec cab with V30's that sounded amazing.
    Donnie
    ---------
    VVT Raptor 60W

Comment

I love the versatility, amount of channels, built-in reverb, relatively tight low end, and overall response/dynamics of it.

I hate how noisy it is and how the top end can easily get buzzy.
      www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post

I hate how noisy it is and how the top end can easily get buzzy.
        This can be helped a bit by the removal of the C83 bypass cap. You lose a little bit of gain but there's more than enough left. As stock the highest gain settings are basically unusable anyway due to noise and feedback IMO.
        Donnie
        ---------
        VVT Raptor 60W

Comment

Originally posted by donnievaz View Post
          What do you mean by more powerful?

I think the speaker cab you use should be tailored to the type of music you want to play. The standard 1960a is a decent all around cab but you can do much better. Classic rock? Greenbacks rule, Metal, V30's work great. I play a little bit of everything (none well ) so I like to use a 1960A with Heritage G12H30's and Vintage 30's in an X pattern. It gives me the best of both worlds in one cab. I've also used a Mesa 2x12 Rec cab with V30's that sounded amazing.
          Well, an oversized Mesa cab or what not, as opposed to a standard Marshall cab.

I currently have a cab with an X of G12T75's and Vintage 30's, so I think that might be a good match for it? Some love em, some hate em, but I think Vintage 30's are good.

The only thing I can think of that would stop me from buying a 410h is that I REALLY don't need the versatility, but I really want that high gain channel. I couldn't ever see myself using more than 2 channels on it.

If I get one I'm totally gonna use a head case for it at all times, I'm not gonna take the risk of damaging it in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
            Well, an oversized Mesa cab or what not, as opposed to a standard Marshall cab.

I currently have a cab with an X of G12T75's and Vintage 30's, so I think that might be a good match for it? Some love em, some hate em, but I think Vintage 30's are good.

The only thing I can think of that would stop me from buying a 410h is that I REALLY don't need the versatility, but I really want that high gain channel. I couldn't ever see myself using more than 2 channels on it.

If I get one I'm totally gonna use a head case for it at all times, I'm not gonna take the risk of damaging it in any way.
            I had the G12T75's in mine w/ the V30's before I pulled the 75's and replaced them with the G12H30's. If you're more into the heavier high gain stuff, the cab you have right now will serve you well.

As far as the 410H and the versatility goes, I said the same thing you did when I bought the 210H, "I don't need 4 channels". Well, now I really wish I had them. Not that I'm not happy with what I have because I'm extremely happy with it but those extra 2 channels would really come in handy. As you start to explore and learn how to get the most out of the amp you'll find more and more tones that would be nice to be able to just step on the footswitch to have at your command.
            Donnie
            ---------
            VVT Raptor 60W

Comment

Working...
            X