Overdrives/Boosts that keep the OOMPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overdrives/Boosts that keep the OOMPH

I would try the jet city gain boost pedal......

Even a yjm might get you in the ballpark.....

Comment

NEW for 2011

Official website for Maxon guitar effects and accessories. Learn about our pedals and artists, buy products online, get the latest news and reviews, downloads and more!

. . . worth a look !
      Last edited by SirJackdeFuzz; 01-25-2011, 09:04 PM.
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

+1 on the Visual Sound Route 808 pedal...

Comment

Then we have, from Ibanez themselves . . .

TS9B (for bass, but might be a doomsday tone for guitar, just like the EHX Bass Muff is for guitar)

BB9 Bottom Booster (this i like)
          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

wow that's a lotta info. Thanks guys!

couple of things to mention:

I'm definitely not going to even think about getting a maxon. All their stuff is exorbitantly expensive here for some reason (like $200-300), and I really don't want to spend that much on a single pedal.

I might just trade my TS9 for some other boost. plenty of ppl on CL here have pedals for trade so I might just go that route. I'd like to try a Keeley Katana, or a BBE Boosta Grande. Those Xotic boosters look sweet too. we'll see.

Comment

Maxon can be found used for half the price if you keep an eye on ebay. The OD9 is great, known for keeping the low end in tact. Keeley mods will keep lows in tact as well, your TS9 with a mod plus will be much improved. The Boss SD-1 stacked is my current OD, does not remove the balls from my amp at all. Also, consider the popular digitech pedals with bass control: Bad Monkey and Hardwire CM2.

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
                wow that's a lotta info. Thanks guys!

couple of things to mention:

I'm definitely not going to even think about getting a maxon. All their stuff is exorbitantly expensive here for some reason (like $200-300), and I really don't want to spend that much on a single pedal.

I might just trade my TS9 for some other boost. plenty of ppl on CL here have pedals for trade so I might just go that route. I'd like to try a Keeley Katana, or a BBE Boosta Grande. Those Xotic boosters look sweet too. we'll see.

The pedal in post #16 comes at a great price, if you are concerned about cost

Comment

Analogman Juicer. It's a compressor with a bit of a rangemaster treble boosting effect and gentle amount of saturation dialed in. Definitely tightens up my sound, makes the low end neat and extremely articulate, and sounds amazing in front of any amp.
                  2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Working...
                  X