This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JC-120 chorus without the JC-120?

For the less than the price of a used CE-1 you could buy a MOOG Cluster Flux and dial in the CE-1 or any other chorus your heart could desire. For used CE-1 money, you could actually just buy a JC-120.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      I don't read your posts because I think you are an idiot. So it could not have been that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Caution-Irony-Alert-sign-200px-no-margin.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	5802134

(Nothin' like stealing someone else's research and claiming it as your own to look "smart"...)
      Last edited by LLL; 11-12-2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        For the less than the price of a used CE-1 you could buy a MOOG Cluster Flux and dial in the CE-1 or any other chorus your heart could desire. For used CE-1 money, you could actually just buy a JC-120.

That's interesting.

Have you ever attempted to try to emulate the CE-1 with the Cluster Flux?

(Color me skeptical, because I'm of the opinion that you think every chorus sounds the same... because: "chorus")

I'm going to pair up the BIAS JC-120 amp with the BIAS FX CE-1 stomp (since I just read about this) and see what happens.

I might even make a clip for you.
        Last edited by LLL; 11-12-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
          I wonder what Some_Dude ended up getting?
          He still posts here - maybe he'll respond eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

(Color me skeptical, because I'm of the opinion that you think every chorus sounds the same... because: "chorus")
            I have multiple standalone chorus stomps and a JC-120. I did not buy my DOD 460, Ibanez CS9, Cluster Flux and a host of other pedals because I think all chorus is the same. Where did I even imply that? I have to agree with Aceman you are an idiot.

Originally posted by LLL View Post
            I might even make a clip for you.
            I have heard your hacky playing I am not impressed don't make a clip on my account.

Comment

Any delay that allows control of the time, depth, rate, oscillation type, and supports 3-20ms of delay and 3-10hz range of oscillation should get pretty close to anything the CE-1 can do. Use a triangle wave form for the chorus mode and sine for the vibrato mode. I believe the magic chorus is 3-7ms and rate sweep of 3-12hz? (Or numbers other way around? 3-12ms and 3-7hz?)

The other tone factor would be the chipset, which I think would require some intelligent strategic EQ to get in the ballpark of - even the brand/choice of EQ would have to be considered. Or just accept how close you can get with just the chorus parameters.

Comment

I have multiple standalone chorus stomps and a JC-120. I did not buy my DOD 460, Ibanez CS9, Cluster Flux and a host of other pedals because I think all chorus is the same. Where did I even imply that?
                Allow me to repeat the question:

Have you ever attempted to try to emulate the CE-1 with the Cluster Flux?

I have to agree with Aceman you are an idiot.
                Of course you do.

I have heard your hacky playing I am not impressed don't make a clip on my account.
                Aw shucks - I'm sure there's plenty of others who may be curious how well the BIAS JC-120 fares against the real thing.

You could submit a clip of your real JC-120 for comparisons, but we all know you're too "busy" to make any clip (even though you accepted my Rockman tone challenge a week ago).

Comment

There are thousands of JC-120 clips out there for comparison, start with Purple Rain.

Comment

LLL - Have you ever thought that maybe you should take a time out from the internet, or at least this forum. It might be good for you.

I really don't appreciate being accused of "stealing your research" when the CE-1 comment was just something in the back of my head from I don't when.

I really don't appreciate being cussed out in a PM by you. And then, you appear to really not be letting it go.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

LLL - Have you ever thought that maybe you should take a time out from the internet, or at least this forum. It might be good for you.
                      Says the guy with 31,178 posts. ( Is this a paid gig for you? )

I really don't appreciate being accused of "stealing your research" when the CE-1 comment was just something in the back of my head from I don't when.

I really don't appreciate being cussed out in a PM by you.
                      And?

And then, you appear to really not be letting it go.
                      Speak for yourself there, "Ace". I moved it to PM-land; you brought it back to public-land.

Comment

Anyhoo...

So last night I tried the BIAS JC-120 with the BIAS FX CE-1, and I gotta say, wowza!

Next I gotta locate a clip or something with a real one to compare it to.

Then, the tone tweaking begins.......

Then, another clip.......

Comment

I am going to close this for now, as it de-volved into something we don't like to have here. Put each other on ignore, and don't start this kind of stuff here.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                          X