NPBD - New Pedal Board Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPBD - New Pedal Board Day

I'm giving you a sneak peek at my almost completed pedal board. I'm showing you the board itself first to give you an idea of how it will be set up. It's a slanted dual deck affair with room enough to hold 12 pedals of standard size. Please note that not all the pedals you see will be used on this board as some are just there as place holders. The Uber Metal module will be replaced by the Constrictor on one of the line 6 docks. The Daddy O is likely to be replaced by a Big Muff Tone Wicker, but the Fab Tone stays because I modded it and it is pretty decent now. An ABY box will also be something I'll likely add also to select amps or channels of amps. I haven't ordered the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Plus for all this yet as I'm debating on the EH Wicker etc first. I'll get clean power for it soon enough though...

You've probably seen enough wood covered in truck bed liner type pedalboards to last you a lifetime. What you haven't seen is the case that this thing fastens into. I'll give you a hint as to what that case is in the picture below...

When the paint dries completely and I put it all together, I'll take the final pix to show this thing off. I am really digging on it and feeling the pride in making something myself instead of shelling out $150 more than I did on something that won't be as tough or as cool.

Re: NPBD - New Pedal Board Day

I've made a few boards and it's a fun project.

How do you plan to power it?
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Voodoo Pedal Power Plus. I'm debating on whether to buy the pedal power plus first or the Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker...

Comment

search for a used pedal power +... one of the best things I bought! The freedom of not having to worry about batteries, and the silence in my rig is SSSOOO nice! Besides, if you want lower voltage it has a sag function!
        Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
          search for a used pedal power +... one of the best things I bought! The freedom of not having to worry about batteries, and the silence in my rig is SSSOOO nice! Besides, if you want lower voltage it has a sag function!
          I'd be willing to bet that the PPII is the one piece of gear that has the least number of purchase regrets.
          That's one piece that deserves an A+, and I haven't heard one negative comment on it. It's probably Voodoo Lab's bread and butter.
          Last edited by Gearjoneser; 04-05-2011, 12:22 AM.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

That looks sweet - nice work. I just built a pedalboard out of my son's old crib!

Comment

Awesome!!!

I dig it!!!
              Originally posted by jeremy
              God hates bad guitar tone
              GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
              AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
              EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
              Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

The Uber Metal is going to be a compressor after I switch the module. I don't want dirt pedals on the board really as I can get enough dirt with the OD pedals to get me where I want to go. The FabTone has been modded enough to make it a dirt and OD pedal in one. It will do both sounds and everything in between really well now. The DOD Bifet is really good at driving pedals hard and getting more out of them, so it's like an OD +1 pedal for all the other OD pedals. The Daddy O pedal is going to be a Big Muff Tone Wicker (It's on order).

Stay tuned fellas, cause I'm gonna post pics of the REST of this pedal board setup later tonight. I'm waiting for the paint on the case to dry completely before I assemble it all. Most of the work I did went into making this pedal board fit inside this very cool case. I spent 8 hours building this thing. That's a lot of work for such a seemingly simple project...

Comment

I'll be looking forward to seeing it, Scott. Good work so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X