New Pedal Board Day - Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pedal Board Day - Part II

Sorry for the delay in getting this to you folks. I was just a little impatient in getting what I could out there to show off a little of what I had done.

THIS is the cool part IMHO.

Still not all that cool yet is it...

See how the pedal board is mounted on hinges that have been welded to the lid that allow easy access to the wiring underneath the pedal board. There are two thumb screws that thread through the holes in the sides to fasten the back section of the pedal board to the case. I wanted everything to be readily accessible without needing tools. This is one of my favorite features about my creation.

Now doesn't that look nice? It's all sturdy looking and the case is made of stamped steel. It's not featherweight, but it's not all that heavy really.

Here it is all buttoned up and secure. Note the non-skid rubber pads on the bottom of the lid to keep the pedal board from skittering around when I step on it.

I had to make the rear hinge removable to make all this workable. It wasn't all that difficult as a little loving from the welder and subsequently the grinder (it's tough to get that welder dialed in on thin-ish steel) to smooth the ugly welds out a bit

And now you know....

.....the rest of the story.

Re: New Pedal Board Day - Part II

That is SERIOUSLY cool bro!!!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Wow, that looks like something from an Army Jeep So are the pedals upside down in there or do you flip the whole unit?

Comment

The pedals are upside down when the lid is closed. I mount the bottom to the lid upside down and then flip it once I'm ready to snap the lid shut. It works pretty well and isn't all that much trouble to do. When I want to open it, I just flip the lid open and pull it downward away from the hinge hook points and then it's totally free.

I like military surplus stuff. I think it looks cool and it's tough as nails. Cheap also...

Comment

Looks really cool man, you got some great pedals there too. See you are a fellow Uber Metal player too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosher Zone View Post
            Looks really cool man, you got some great pedals there too. See you are a fellow Uber Metal player too.
            Thankya!

Comment

I like it a lot.

See, now I'm going to start thinking of ways to pack my board in a carrying case of some kind. See what you've done?
              Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
              Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
              Originally posted by Sosomething
              "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Originally posted by korovamilkdud View Post
                I like it a lot.

See, now I'm going to start thinking of ways to pack my board in a carrying case of some kind. See what you've done?
                I'd say that I'm sorry for creating this desire, but I'm not. I say go for it.

My goal was to make a large-ish pedal board that would fit inside an ammo can. I searched around looking for a suitable ammo can and eventually found one of these online. It suited my purpose pretty well, except for the part where the rear hinge doesn't come off and the lid won't lay flat with the case attached. Had to do some quick thinking on that. I always thought these hinges would give enough freedom of movement to allow that sort of thing. I'm pretty happy with everything except the paint color. I think it's too light in color. It looks like the older WWII olive drab paint though, so I may stick with it.

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

Very cool.
                    It reminds me of the pedal board I made out of a Stoughs 30 pack of beer.
                    Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
                    Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
                    I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
                    Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
                    Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
                    Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
                    Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
                    Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

Very cool deal! I like your style!

I have a buddy who made a combination am stand / pedal board, where the lid of the stand came off, becoming the pedalboard, and the remaining cabinet was set up to perfecly grab / position the amp. It was pretty great.

P.S. Hey Scott, you have any extra Line 6 ToneCore docks?

I have a "Constrictor" module that is homeless.

It is getting tougher and tougher to find them things these days.
                      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Unfortunately Hunter, I don't have any extra docks. I also have a constrictor module and it's not on the pedalboard in the pix because I temporarily have the Uber Metal in it's dock. I was dorking around with the Uber Metal on my Bassman.

Comment

**** me, that is awesome!
                          -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                          I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Working...
                          X