New Tube day coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tube day coming

Just ordered some Tung Sol EL34Bs for my Cornford combo.

Anyone used these ? What do you think ?

Re: New Tube day coming

Never tried their EL34s but the EL84s are really nice sounding tubes. Some of the best modern tubes out IMO.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I actually have a pair of these sitting in a box ready to go into my AOR, waiting for me to have the money to have a tech put them in. I doubt that I'd be able to make a decent review of them even if they were already in my amp, though. I have no idea what the current ones are and they're pretty worn out. I'll be interested to hear your views, though.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Kam, they're on their way from Hot Rox. They're going in a Cornford Roadhouse which is cathode bias so no need for a tech. I won't be rehearsing for a couple of weeks but I'll do a 'first impressions' post when I get them.

Comment

Isn't this the type of thing you ask for a review of before you order?

Also, Andrew, where did you find current production Tung-Sol EL84s?

Comment

Has anyone tried their 6L6GC?

Comment

Anyone who likes new tubes is an idiot!

But yes, please post a review on them. My buddy needs some new tubes for 2204 and I've been looking at a lot of different EL34s here lately.
              Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

[QUOTE=misterwhizzy;2820265]Isn't this the type of thing you ask for a review of before you order?

I looked at a lot of reviews online before I placed the order and had a long conversation with Hot Rox who I ordered the tubes from. The only current production tubes that had consistently good reviews were these and the Svetlana Winged C. A couple of guys who use the same amp as me spoke very highly of them. I'm sure they'll be an improvement on the no name tubes the amp came with although, to be fair, they were pretty good. If I don't like them I'll try the Svetlanas. Just wondered what you guys thought.

Comment

Working...
                X