Eminence Legend 125 or Texas Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminence Legend 125 or Texas Heat

I am looking for a 12" speaker to use in an external cab that I share between my SCXD and Laney Cub. The XD has a Weber Sig 10 ceramic, the Laney has a Weber Sig 10 alnico.

The external cab currently has a Weber 12 ceramic that I like, but not the sound I was looking for. If nothing else I want to try something different than a Weber, but not spend more than aound $60. I think I've narrowed it down to the Legend or Texas Heat - maybe the Red White and Blues.

Any experience or recommendations with these that you can share would be great

thanks

Re: Eminence Legend 125 or Texas Heat

Eminence Legend GB128.... Green Back Clones, but 50 watts and a bit more balls

Comment

I had a G12M before. The Laney is too warm (dark) for it

Comment

Legend 1258 it's a clone of Celestion G12T75, no mids and too much high end for my ear... never heard about 125

Comment

They are the same thing. 8 just designates impedance

Comment

All Eminence speakers have a particular cardboard tone in their mids... no matter what the model...
            Personally, I would recommended any other manufacturer.... highly.
            "Play like a Champion"
            PRS DGT, Fender Tele and Strat
            Marshall JTM45 w/ Creambacks
            Fav SD Pups C5, Jazz, PG's, 59's

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyblu View Post
              All Eminence speakers have a particular cardboard tone in their mids... no matter what the model...
              I recognize a thickness in the low mids with my texas heat but it's never gotten in the way of my tone.

The texas heat is kinda round in the lows and lacks a lil punch tho. I'd be interested in trying a RW&B just to get some more tightness, or put the TH in a closed back. There's some chime in the texas heat so it doesn't get too dark, so it just depends on how tight you want the bass to be.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyblu View Post
                That's sort of what I heard before my speakers were broken in. That just might be the problem. I've played Celestions and Eminence, and I think the Eminence are a better value, at least in the States. They're not identical, but everyone has their own tastes.

Give them some time. They'll smooth out a little bit and give you everything you wanted out of a speaker. At least they did for me.

Comment

I just got a price match quote from MF for $45 for a Legend 1258. Might be too good to think too long about

Comment

Working...
                  X