Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Got My MXR Zakk Wylde Chorus Pedal Today

2 out of 3 aint bad....

The wah's pretty decent, it's a subtle midrange throaty wah. I dig it. Looks pretty sweet too.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

Looks like the same LED as the EVH90. I love that LED, bright as hell.
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I'm beginning to think that the bright LED is Jorge Tripps signature. It seems that all the MXR/Dunlop/Way Huge pedals he was responsible for have the blinding LED.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Sounds exactly like the kind of Chorus I'm after. I hate those plastic, fake sounding Chorus that are way too present.
          I like them to sound like they're almost not there. And the Univibe comparison you did just sold me, man. That's exactly what I want.
          Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
          Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
          Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
          Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Jolly,
            Cool review! Glad you are digging it and sounds what Id like too! I like chorus, but not too much , unless Im doing a clean syrupy thing and normally my chorus pedals turn my sound to mush under high gain.

cool that you have your own light show too! Ill bet both stacks sweetened up with some chorus will sound amazing! Train Train!!
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
              Sounds exactly like the kind of Chorus I'm after. I hate those plastic, fake sounding Chorus that are way too present.
              I like them to sound like they're almost not there. And the Univibe comparison you did just sold me, man. That's exactly what I want.
              Watch some of the videos on youtube, Diego. That's pretty much what sold me on the pedal.

There's a few other good videos you can check out as well that are just done by regular ole people like you and I.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                Glad you like it! I've never been able to get along with chorus on distorted tones, but I think it may be because I set it up to be a little more overbearing than you're talking about on clean tones. When it goes to being distorted, it does get a bit of that overprocessed thing going on like you're talking about. Good to hear you like it.
                Same here. I'll have to give some different settings a shot, I guess. I already got a DL-8 set real low and tight for my distortion sound and it really thickens things up. I also noticed with the way I had my chorus set up that my pinch harmonics really fell flat. Confused the hell out of me.
                -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  Jolly,
                  Cool review! Glad you are digging it and sounds what Id like too! I like chorus, but not too much , unless Im doing a clean syrupy thing and normally my chorus pedals turn my sound to mush under high gain.

cool that you have your own light show too! Ill bet both stacks sweetened up with some chorus will sound amazing! Train Train!!
                  Thanks man. I haven't run it or everything through both of the stacks yet. That will most likely get done this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X