banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the FoxRox Octron do louder than unity gain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the FoxRox Octron do louder than unity gain?

It seems that a lot of octave down pedals seem to lose volume or presence when engaged... just the nature of the octave down effect I guess.

The most recent one I read about was the EHX Octave Multiplexer. I heard it's good, but suffers from volume drop when turned on.

As another example, the Micro Pog can match unity gain when any of the 3 dials are maxed, but it can't go louder than unity.

I was looking into the Fox Rox Octron pedal (especially for analog octave down sounds) and I was wondering if anyone knows what position the 3 control knobs on the Fox Rox Octron pedal would be at to equal unity gain... and if the 3 levels can be set louder than unity gain?

Any other octave pedals that are too quiet? Any others that are plenty loud enough?

Re: Will the FoxRox Octron do louder than unity gain?

PM TGWIF. He has one and knows a ton about them.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I can't answer your specific question, but with an Octron II, in addition to the bypass switch, there are seperate volume controls and on-off switches for all three octaves (direct signal, octave up, and octave down.

Since each has its own volume control it is possible for the ocatve down to be louder than the direct signal. In fact, since each has its own switch, you can elect to hear the octave down (or ocatve up) signal alone.

If I recall correctly, the direct signal can be set above the bypassed direct signal.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
        PM TGWIF. He has one and knows a ton about them.
        .... or ask wahwah.

I should know more about them, but mine has been temporarily off my board for about a year. That will be corrected very soon.
        Last edited by Lazarus1140; 05-19-2011, 10:04 AM.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I have the Octron2, and on the direct level control, unity is around 1-2 o'clock (as set in the photo below...let's call it 1:30!), so there's plenty to spare.

Cheers....................................... wahwah
          Highway Star
          Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
          Mistreated
          Cause We Ended As Lovers
          Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
          Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Working...
          X