Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your fav DS-1 mod ?

Originally posted by Jessie's ghost View Post
    I like the mod where you transplant the battery into an OCD and play that instead.

When I started on the never wavering path of effects pedals some 20 years ago, the DS-1 was the, "Mutha-" pedal to have (Yeah, I'm getting up there in age. It makes being a blues musician a lot easier).

"Now that I'm a man, way past 21. You better believe me baby, MXR is more fun. I spell Mmmm, Xxxxss, Rruh chiiild. That represents TONE!"

"The grass maybe greener on the other side, but you still have to mow the M@$ha F#*ka..."

"HOUSE OUT!"

Comment

^ What do you think of the Custom BadAss Distortion? I have yet to hear from an actual owner of the pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
        ^ What do you think of the Custom BadAss Distortion? I have yet to hear from an actual owner of the pedal.
        It is a delight on the clean and dirty channels. It does not suck up your guitars tone. The tone knob rolls in smoothly, and you usually don't have to push it past 12 or 1 o-clock (This pedal has the highs to keep you going). The distortion knob is smooth and gradual as it comes to bear it's teeth. On the lower end, say 8 to 10 o-clock, it accentuates your picking. Roll it up to about 11 o-clock and you start getting a nice growl, a-la AC/DC's Malcolm Young's intro chords, "For Those About To Rock." As you roll it up, your bottom end stays in tack as well. I run my Bad-Ass through a '94 Blues Deluxe. When I crank the '78 up to full, I can get a "Mississippi Queen" tone going, tweak the eq a little and I'm sounding "Back in Black", or drop it on the dirty channel and find me some Dan Donegan "Disturbed" heaviness (Yes, I'm down with the Sickness ). It pairs pretty well with my GT-OD when I kick it into the land of distortion, and retains it's clarity, and focus when you roll back off the volume. The switch is quiet as a mouse, and the cosmetics are beautiful. I would get it. Hey, if you don't like it, you can always get a refund. God Bless America!
        "The grass maybe greener on the other side, but you still have to mow the M@$ha F#*ka..."

"HOUSE OUT!"

Comment

Working...
        X