Great speaker comparing site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great speaker comparing site!

lol...did i forget to mention listening to compressed to hell mp3 files thru a computer?
    yes i know...im a *****.

...btw..you want to sell that amp in your avatar?
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I'm so laughing at the prospect of a lot of you guys using laptop or 12 dollar computer speakers to judge the merit of a great amp cranked through 12" Speaker in a cabinet.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

FWIW, I found it good. Not the be all deciding factor, but helps me weed one ones I wouldnt be able otherwise.. Thanks for posting

BTW, my computer speakers were a step above... they cost $12.99. Nothing but the best bro... haha
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
          cool idea, but pretty useless really.
          You really need to try various speakers with your own amp.
          Not entirely. If you can more or less match your existing speaker to the ones presented, then comparing that one to the other speakers you can get a feeling of what might change (less mids, more lows, more fizz, less fuzz, etc).

Personally, i enjoyed this demo on youtube that got posted on a thread of mine:

I like how you press play, sit back and listen. Maybe even close your eyes and quickly pause on the one you liked the most
          Last edited by Markk; 09-08-2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: put in vid wrong
          "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
          "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
          "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
          "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
            I'm so laughing at the prospect of a lot of you guys using laptop or 12 dollar computer speakers to judge the merit of a great amp cranked through 12" Speaker in a cabinet.
            What a coincidence. I'm laughing at you for not realizing the merits of the clips.

Comment

Thanks for the link !
              Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Hard to judge when they only play single note stuff, but i did like the Fane Medusa.
                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                  What a coincidence. I'm laughing at you for not realizing the merits of the clips.

. . . well said Sir.

Comment

Working...
                  X