Eric Johnson details his live set up:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Johnson details his live set up:

All kinds of good stuff: George L cables, '67 Marshall, blackface Twin Reverbs - same stuff he's used for years but his rig now includes Fishman, K&K and Seymour Duncan Antiquitys, TS-808, Fishman Acoustic Guitar etc. Worth checking out.

Re: Eric Johnson details his live set up:

mxr bass compressor on the cleans, interesting. sometimes watching videos like it would seem that most of what is made today is undesirable for professional musicians. old guitars, old amps, old cabs, old pedals, discontinued stuff. such that if something were to break, he'd probably go out and find another '67 whatever and not a current production whatever. I'm down with the mojo, it's just an observation.

am I missing something that he's not rocking his own current production signature strat?
    Last edited by DankStar; 09-08-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

amazing player.....love his work.....

but....

....is it just me or does he look like ellen degeneres?
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I met him at a college radio station in 1985 and saw him play later that evening. He was amazing switching from jazzy rock to country licks to hair metal with great ease. Eric is a really nice guy and very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
          mxr bass compressor on the cleans, interesting. sometimes watching videos like it would seem that most of what is made today is undesirable for professional musicians. old guitars, old amps, old cabs, old pedals, discontinued stuff. such that if something were to break, he'd probably go out and find another '67 whatever and not a current production whatever. I'm down with the mojo, it's just an observation.

am I missing something that he's not rocking his own current production signature strat?
          If I heard it right, the MXR Bass Comp is only for his Martin acoustic guitar and only the Fishman undersaddle pickup of the guitar runs through it. He also has K&K transducers in that Martin. Same K&K pickups I use in my acoustic. Those K&K pickups are three mini sensors that super glue to the underside of the bridge plate inside the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsyblue View Post
            If I heard it right, the MXR Bass Comp is only for his Martin acoustic guitar and only the Fishman undersaddle pickup of the guitar runs through it. He also has K&K transducers in that Martin. Same K&K pickups I use in my acoustic. Those K&K pickups are three mini sensors that super glue to the underside of the bridge plate inside the guitar.
            wild! thx

Comment

EJ is kind of an odd cat huh?
              My Bands -
              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                EJ is kind of an odd cat huh?
                He is very Austin.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Interesting how he doesn't use power supplies for the pedals and sticks to batteries.
                  "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                  "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                  "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                  "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

I'd hate to see him on some valium.

Comment

Working...
                    X