Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made the (speaker) swap, Wolverine/V30

And the appropriate clip.

Excuse the uneveness. I played the Wolverine first and then the V30. I kept all the same settings and everything was at noon save for OD gains, master volume, and reverbs, in order to give as fair of a comparison that I could. Microphone placement was also the same.

To my ears...it sounds fantastic! It's true what they say on the interwebs, really does open the amp up. I feel as if the bass tightened up and the mids cleared up. (oh God how those mids sound so much more to my taste) I'm not necessarily amazed at the change in the clean channel, but the OD's actually now sound good.

Last night I was setting up for a church gig in a gym hall, and people were coming up to me complementing my tone (but of course there's the sound engineer/mix guy to thank as well).
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Re: I made the (speaker) swap, Wolverine/V30

I love it when a plan comes together.

Comment

I never got around to changing the speaker on my TSL601, although I intended to. In the end I sold it and bought my JTM45 RI!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
        I never got around to changing the speaker on my TSL601, although I intended to. In the end I sold it and bought my JTM45 RI!
        Hmmm, I've been looking at those. I thought to myself, that if the speaker swap didn't help, then I would sell the amp with the original speaker, keep the V30 and eventually buy another (complementary speaker) and build a cab for another amp.

But so far, it sounds as though it's here to stay.
        "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
        "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
        "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
        "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Working...
        X