NAD!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD!!!!!!!!!!

I got the OCD today. I'm loving the tone!!!!!!

The only con I have so far is how loud it is. It is not a night time practice amp unless you live alone. With the volume on zero, it comes through loud enough to hear in the next room. With the volume down like that, it sounds like a solid state cheap amp. Theres a spot between zero and one where the power tubes or the power output transformers or something engage and it starts sounding like a full bodied tube amp. At this point it's loud enough to drown out the tv in the next room.

So far, I love the tone it has. The volume isn't too big of a deal to me through the day. With the volume set around 3 (9 oclock) it has a great full clean sound. This is where I'm liking it set with the Fulltone OCD in front of it.

There's no real huge jump in volume past 3 or 4, it just starts to get gainier (is that even a word?). Around the 12 oclock position, it get's a gritty bluesy tone and sounds awesome for the "harder" Skynyrd style stuff. Once you get the volume to the 3 oclock position, it sounds like the 80's Marshalls on full tilt, just not ear shattering loud. It gets alot meaner than any Plexi demos I've listened to, although it gets a great Plexi-ish tones around 1 oclock. Sounds great for chunky AC/DC style riffs.

I like once it's on about 3 oclock on the volume, it has killer rich harmonic feedback. You can hit a chord and let it ring into screaming oblivion.

Comment

Cool score! My uncle is going to be picking one of these up soon and we're trying to figure out what boost pedal to throw in with it, gotta do sabbath and stooges tones.....

Comment

Yeah, I've read in a few places, that the amp is pretty darn loud.
        Originally posted by Jessie Sammler
        I don't have an ignore list. I'm not arrogant enough to think I can't learn something from people who annoy me.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        This is the dumbest thread that's ever been on this forum. It makes this place look like a bunch of damn idiots. Just run this place into the ground why don't you. You're like a bunch of 12 year olds. This thread is sooooooo DLT'ish that it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
          I got the OCD today. I'm loving the tone!!!!!!

The only con I have so far is how loud it is. It is not a night time practice amp unless you live alone. With the volume on zero, it comes through loud enough to hear in the next room. With the volume down like that, it sounds like a solid state cheap amp. Theres a spot between zero and one where the power tubes or the power output transformers or something engage and it starts sounding like a full bodied tube amp. At this point it's loud enough to drown out the tv in the next room.

So far, I love the tone it has. The volume isn't too big of a deal to me through the day. With the volume set around 3 (9 oclock) it has a great full clean sound. This is where I'm liking it set with the Fulltone OCD in front of it.

There's no real huge jump in volume past 3 or 4, it just starts to get gainier (is that even a word?). Around the 12 oclock position, it get's a gritty bluesy tone and sounds awesome for the "harder" Skynyrd style stuff. Once you get the volume to the 3 oclock position, it sounds like the 80's Marshalls on full tilt, just not ear shattering loud. It gets alot meaner than any Plexi demos I've listened to, although it gets a great Plexi-ish tones around 1 oclock. Sounds great for chunky AC/DC style riffs.

I like once it's on about 3 oclock on the volume, it has killer rich harmonic feedback. You can hit a chord and let it ring into screaming oblivion.
          ya, that is how my epiphone valve junior combo is. juicy tone, but extremely loud combo way too loud for my apartment.

Comment

I used to plug my combo into the 4x12, and dime the volume.
            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

If it ain't 100 watts, I don't even wanna screw with it.
              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Do you know what temptation I'm resisting by not quoting this post, changing the 1 to a 3 and changing "watts" to "pounds"?

Comment

congrats Lucid!! Nice! Ive only seen those in the combos and didnt know they came in a head. I liked the combos.
                  I love these little amps.. since my splawn tubes are acting up, I got the tweaker out and plugged it thru my splawn cab and was rocking the house.. good stuff.

Gonna have to get my JCM800 out of storage..( and the attenuators..)
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                    That option seems pretty cool.
                    You can hear the low power in use in this vid at about 7 minutes in

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
                    X