Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egnater Tweaker 40 for metal

with an OD you should be OK.

I just hate the "pedal dance" of having to switch channels and kick on a pedal at the same time. Can be a little frustrating. If you're not worried about that I think you might like the tweaker 40.

Comment

you can always mod it to 60W...
      I dont think that the head weights more than the combo...
      Anyway...
      the 20watter sounds tinny to my ears...
      (orange TT,engl GIGMASTER.Blackstar Ht-20 the ones I've heard)
      Even the 60W engl fireball sound small next to the 100W fireballl

Comment

Originally posted by Blackie13 View Post
        you can always mod it to 60W...
        I dont think that the head weights more than the combo...
        Anyway...
        the 20watter sounds tinny to my ears...
        (orange TT,engl GIGMASTER.Blackstar Ht-20 the ones I've heard)
        Even the 60W engl fireball sound small next to the 100W fireballl
        No worries there, my 40 watt xxx does just fine, I don't need to add any watts/power tubes. Still on the hunt for 20-40 watt options, hopefully I'll get to try a tweaker 40 soon just for the hell of it.

Comment

try it and let us know...

Comment

No way you can use the tweaker for modern metal, it's killer for 60s and 70's stuff and grunge bands influenced by that era like pearl jam or blind mellon on its own, with a good OD in front of it you can do hair metal to things like iron maiden, but that's it. If you want djent type of gain you'd need a distortion pedal.

Comment

Comment

I'm surprised to hear you say you discount the Blackstar altogether. I think it'd be perfect for what you're looking for. The clean is pristine, and the distortion is really heavy. I think it would be exactly what you want. Ask Jolly.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                  I'm surprised to hear you say you discount the Blackstar altogether. I think it'd be perfect for what you're looking for. The clean is pristine, and the distortion is really heavy. I think it would be exactly what you want. Ask Jolly.
                  Yeah, maybe I'm getting too caught up in the pure tube distortion thing when my ears could probably give a ****. I just need to try one, I hate that guitar center never has any in stock for me to play.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                    I had the tweaker 15 and I don't thing it had enough preamp gain for most metal genres. The tweaker 40 should be louder, more agressive, and have a lot deeper bass I would think. It could do 80's rock but I bet you'd still want a pedal for metal. The tweaker is all about emulating vintage sounds, IMO.
                    Pretty close to my thoughts. I have a tweaker and honestly love it. It covers alot of ground and very well. I think it does metal pretty well. 80s and VH type of pop metal. Not really nu metal or sludgy stuff. Have to pedal that. I even found a pretty good brown tone with it.. I has the el 84 bark which to me is alil darker sounding than an EL34 type amp. The biggest things I wanted in a small amp were a good gain, ( I was close to buying a Rev jr), a master volume and versatility. I had a jett city for a brief time and I liked it alot, but the gain wasnt a heavy as I wanted and I didnt like the single chan.
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                    X