banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Opinions On The Dunlop DVP1 Volume Pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Opinions On The Dunlop DVP1 Volume Pedal?

I have not played one, but I like the fact that it has a steel band drive instead of some string or whatever. I've also watched a few videos and dug what I saw and heard. Plus, it's cool looking, and we all know that makes stuff better. I also like the way the tension of the pedal can be adjusted. Anyone played with one yet or own one? What are your opinions? I know alot of people are really into the Ernie Ball Volume Pedals.

Opinons? Thanks in advance!!

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.

Re: Any Opinions On The Dunlop DVP1 Volume Pedal?

I have no input but thanks for reminding me that I need a volume pedal. I was just about to buy another OD!
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
      I have no input but thanks for reminding me that I need a volume pedal. I was just about to buy another OD!
      LOL....I hear ya man. I need like 4 more things, and I think my (non existent) pedalboard will be complete. One of those things being an actual pedalboard.

Comment

I have zero complaints with my EB VP Jr, but this new Dunlop definitely got my attention when I first learned about it. I'm curious about it as well.
        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Got a friend who has one. I haven't used it, but he sure likes it. Stopped using his Visual Volume after he got it. I've seen it a few times and it looks like a TANK.
          "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I really know nothing about these (or potentiometers apparently). If you set the volume on your guitar all the way up and then fully toe down a pedal like this one, do the pickups get exactly the same signal?
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

It's ugle as homemade sin...thats my opinion...

If I were gonna buy a volume pedal I'd go Ernie Ball...they are industry standard for a reason!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Well, I just watched the video and the tone seems to get quite a bit thinner through the pedal to me ... but the patch cables look a little cheesy ....

Comment

id test head to head... i think id like the EB more though.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                    LOL....I actually like the way it looks and hate the way the Ernie Ball ones look. However, it's not really about the looks to me, but more about how good it sounds, functions, and it's reliability.

Comment

Reminds me a little bit of my Schaller volume pedal. Old, but still kicking.
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Yogi Berra was correct.
                      Originally posted by JOLLY
                      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post

If I were gonna buy a volume pedal I'd go Ernie Ball...they are industry standard for a reason!
                        Meh, they all look pretty much the same from above. I actually kind of dig the look.
                        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

i have a volume pedal, but not that one. I have the one that looks just like a Crybaby. I really don't use it but I know I will eventually bring it out of the closet & get it on my board.
                          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I like the look of that one.

I've got a Little Alligator. It does the trick, but if i move it off my board I may consider this one.
                            Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Comment

Does anyone have experience to share about this volume pedal? There's one on sale and I'm somewhat interested about it. My modded Boss FV-500 works somewhat fine, but gets scratchy when in cold temp, and I fear that shamefully cheap and crappy pot in it will fail any time. And I have no idea where to look for replacement when it does...

This would have same foot print to fit on my board. With steel band drive and the fact it's Dunlop I suspect it's solid and has replacement parts available reasonably easily?

How is the feel of this. Does it act quicker that EB jr.? Smoother than FV-500?
                              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                              X