banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Opinions On The Dunlop DVP1 Volume Pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Opinions On The Dunlop DVP1 Volume Pedal?

I have the Boss volume pedal (FV-500 I think) but I do not use it often as I rather use the guitar volume knob... But yes there are sometimes crucial moment where you do not have time to reach the volume knob when you need to strum fast and lower the gain at the same time...

I could live without a volume pedal but it can be a great tool.

I mostly use it as an expression pedal for my Vapor Trail thus not in the main signal line.
    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

I use their version of an Expression pedal. The throw of the pedal is much smaller than the EB. More like a Crybaby- so all the 'action' is in a smaller space, which might be good for some people. It depends on how you work. I've beat mine to hell, and it keeps working. I use it to control volume, wah, delay time, reverb decay, etc.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I use their version of an Expression pedal. The throw of the pedal is much smaller than the EB. More like a Crybaby- so all the 'action' is in a smaller space, which might be good for some people. It depends on how you work. I've beat mine to hell, and it keeps working. I use it to control volume, wah, delay time, reverb decay, etc.
        Ok. So it's clearly not for me.

Reason I modded my Boss FV-500 was to give it longer action. It was really quick as well. EB I think is close to perfect.

Thanks!
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I don’t have the XL version, but I have the X and the mini (switched from a Morley Little Alligator because I wanted the passive volume pedal) and I like them both quite a bit. Very smooth in their travel and I like the adjustable tension on them.

One thing to look for though, my first Volume X would cut out at full toe down. I think I was pushing it further than the band made contact. I returned it to GC for a replacement and the second one has been good ever since and that’s been about five years, or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread got me looking a vol pedals. Visually, I prefer the Dunlop. Question is, which one? And with the EB, they have regular, 250 and 500. I understand 250 vs 500, but what is the difference tonally??
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
              This thread got me looking a vol pedals. Visually, I prefer the Dunlop. Question is, which one? And with the EB, they have regular, 250 and 500. I understand 250 vs 500, but what is the difference tonally??
              EB with 500k pot? Are you sure? (Boss FV-500H has 250k load) I would definitely take that over 250k. I guess reason 250k is preferred has something to do with usual response of 500, because it really doesn't make sense:

Passive volume pedal adds to overal load with your guitar pots ("tone suck"), so if you have 500k vol + 500k tone + 500k volume pedal, total load would be 166k. With normal strat (250k+250k+500k): 100k.

With usual 250k volume pedal that counts to 125k and 83k!

Buffer (in pedal itself or before it) removes that problem, but can get too bright if guitar isn't dialed in for it. I'm using 250k after buffer and it feels just the same, just tone is way brighter.

EDIT: To relate the numbers: Basic strat has 125k load (250k + 250k) and LP 250k (500k+500k).
              Last edited by Jacew; 03-19-2019, 03:57 AM.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Theres the JR, VP JR and the mono, then there is the 500k stereo. Maybe its 500k cuz stereo?

Ernie Ball Volume Pedals have become an industry standard for their reliability, performance, and durability. Check out our lineup of options to see which one is best for you.
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                X