banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you doods think of an Emi Wiz in the Peavey VK112?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you doods think of an Emi Wiz in the Peavey VK112?

This is for the tight metal sound. I just bid on one on the 'bay(hope 2 win:-)

I also put a Tung Sol 12ax7 in V1, a JJ ECC83S in V2, and an LPS in the PI. Sounds better than the EH/JJ stock combo that it came with. But, the stock speaker seems too low/low mid toned and the highs are fizzy, just sounds bad to me. Anyone tried a Wizard or any other Emi speakers with the VK amps?

Re: What do you doods think of an Emi Wiz in the Peavey VK112?

the bass is tight and its LOUD!!!. but it has that Green Back singing grit to its voice in the upper mids. it will work but its kinda crunchy and vintage sounding for metal. maybe metal before 1986...maybe

The ManOWar is the speaker i recommend. it doesnt break up unless pushed and the entire response is perfect for what you want. its like a 75watt celestion on steroids.
    #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
    #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
    #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
    #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
    #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
    Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
    Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
    Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

I like the Govs I have in my 2x12, I like mids I'm interested to hear the Greenback/Private Jack vibe, if I win the auction that is

Comment

Do yourself a favor and swap one of those Governors out for the Wizard.

Comment

I don't know how it would sound with open backs, but I love the texas heats. I had a vk100h when i bought them for my 4x12 and I loved them. Don't know how they'll sound for you but worth trying out.
          Ibanez S520-> NS2->TS9 (Monte Allums Modded)->JCA100H->Emi Texas Heat 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
            Do yourself a favor and swap one of those Governors out for the Wizard.
            I was giving this some thought as well. The Govs are well broken in from the 6505+, so I get a speaker with a relaxed cone and a Gov/Wiz mix in my Buzzbomb I'll see how the Wiz sounds in the VK first because I'm partially curious how it will sound, but mainly just lazy right now!

Also, I did win the Wizard.

Comment

Working...
            X