banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night Train or Rebel 30 and who to buy a cab from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Night Train or Rebel 30 and who to buy a cab from?

Originally posted by gilaltom3 View Post
    I was under the impression I would have to hook them up stereo if I only got one cab. Wouldn't that mean each amp would only get one speaker or am I being foolish?
    Well that explains it, didn't know you wanted to go the stereo route. Thought it was more on head at a time.

Maybe go Mesa Transatlantic route? I would either go 2 mini rectos or mini recto and orange.

You just gotta find an amp that sounds good with a mesa.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

I don't want to do stereo for that reason. I'm not going to be running both at the same time unless I just wanna be loud.
      Originally posted by TheLivingDead
      H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
      Originally posted by jcthejester13
      I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by gilaltom3 View Post
        I don't want to do stereo for that reason. I'm not going to be running both at the same time unless I just wanna be loud.
        In that case, only one 212 is needed. There is ab switches that connect from both heads into one cab, hit the switch ur mesa is playing hit the switch again the other amp is playing.
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Originally posted by Gear Used
        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

Do I still get the option of running them both at the same time?
          I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

That's why I just want to get two 2X12's so each amp gets two speakers.
            Mini Recto and Rebel 30 running stereo would be absolutely awesome!
            (I'm seriously considering that setup, myself)
            Yea, a pair of 212s would work fine.
            I'd start with closed cab and whatever the manufacturer uses in their stock 212s sold with that particular amp.
            Then mix and match speakers until you find the sweet spot.

If you don't have a stereo pedal, then something like the Radial Big Shot ABY makes that easy.

I did it first with a stereo chorus. Loved it.

The cool thing with stereo amps is that you're adding tonal colors, not just being loud.

Do I still get the option of running them both at the same time?
            You can't run both amps through one set of speakers at the same time, no.
            (You *can*, but you shouldn't)

It goes beyond just being loud, but if you want the heads to share 1 212, then like mwalluk said, there are AB switches designed just for that... again look for Radial Big Shot.
            Edit: Actually it's the Headbone.
            Everyone carries them.
            Last edited by MojoMonster; 12-14-2011, 04:55 PM.
            MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
            Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Alright so two 2X12's and a one of those heads. I'm getting excited.

Comment

Went and tried the Mini Recto and the Rebel 30 today. Mini Recto- Amazing --- Rebel 30- The cleans were so awesome. I was definitely taken aback by how good they were. The Night Train better sound awesome if it's going to beat out the Rebel 30.

Comment

Anybody else wanna weigh in?

Comment

Don't own either, but having played them both, I'd get the Rebel 30.
                    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned the Rebel 30 is in the lead right now. I'm just worried about how the gain sounds because I didn't get to crank it when I tried it. Gonna go to a GC tomorrow and try them both out side by side through the same cab and see who wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X