Vox ac15 or egnater tweaker 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vox ac15 or egnater tweaker 15

I'd say go with the Tweaker or the AC15. I chose the tweaker because of the options.

I have pedals for tremolo and reverb so not having those features on the amp wasn't a dealbreaker for me.

When you think about how much the Tweaker can do i think it's a no brainer. I just can't wait to order new speakers for my 2x12 cab and new tubes (I'm leaning toward JJ/EHX 6CA7s or tung Sol EL34Bs for the power section and either JJ long plate 12AX7s or prefferred series 7025s from the tubestore).

Simply dropping in different power tubes could greatly change the entire sound of the tweaker and that's not even touching the voicing switches.

With that said the AC15 is one of my favorite amps but the Tweaker can do some pretty convincing Vox tones.

Comment

Re: Vox ac15 or egnater tweaker 15

I have an AC15C1 combo (stock) and the Tweaker 15 Head (usually into Blue Dog). They will both do what you want. The 2 channel, reverb and tremolo go the the AC15C1. The Tweaker is much lighter and more flexible. It is my favorite recording amp right now. The AC is heavy. I could live with either and bot will do the Petty thing pretty well. The AC15C1 is really good at it though less flexible.

Comment

Working...
      X