Vintage Fender Twin Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Fender Twin Reverb

Its been awhile since I've posted but some awesome stuff happened lately and I've been dying to tell you guys about it.

I got to play through, as the title suggests, a Vintage Twin Reverb. It belonged to my bands lead vocalists Grandmother. He brought it over to use as a vocal amp but I stopped him before he started using it. I asked to plug into it and it was....amazing...It sounded like two forest fairies make love on a toadstool on the first day of spring as the sun was rising behind them. I'll try to record some stuff through it and I'll let you guys hear it.
    88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
    Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
    Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
    Vox NightTrain 50.
    My Band

Re: Vintage Fender Twin Reverb

old Twin Reverbs are great...I dunno know about that forest fairies/toadstool thing but they are cool.

I got tired of hauling one around all the time so I don't but I don't think I'd ever get rid of mine either!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Yeh i definitely get the old twin thing. There is nothing finer.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I hope those forest fairies were using protection.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by dmandude123455 View Post
          ...a Vintage Twin Reverb... He brought it over to use as a vocal amp...
          -
          My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
            old Twin Reverbs are great...I dunno know about that forest fairies/toadstool thing but they are cool.

I got tired of hauling one around all the time so I don't but I don't think I'd ever get rid of mine either!
            Yea I know what you mean about carrying Fender Twin Reverbs - HEAVY

Try the same with a Fender Super Reverb - Heavy and bulky

BOTH are tone machines!
            Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
            When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
            Red Devils - 1% all the way!
            Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
            Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

i used to use a twin all the time, great amps but stoopid heavy. i have a dual showman reverb head now which is much more manageable but still LOUD abd clean. when you need a big firm bottom end, you really cant beat four 6L6's

Comment

we all love a big firm bottom end.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                X