Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp Advice Needed

Originally posted by jhdgsn903 View Post
    Hmm maybe I could get an eQ pedal or volume pedal to use as a "clean channel" run the level really low.
    Not even really needed.

You just gotta EQ to the song your playing.

I have it on "LESS" with an edge of break up crunch, dial back the volume on my neck pickup of my LP for clean, bridge pickup and od for distortion.

If it's all distorted song, I'm on "MORE" eq'd to taste.

It works really, really well.

I can go from clean, to jazz, to blues, to classic rock, to 90s rock, to modern rock to metal.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

I'm just saying, instead of using the volume knob on the guitar, if I put an Eq on the floor with the actual eq setting flat I could move the level control down. Turn the pedal on and it'd clean up the amp. Leave the pedal off and it would stay distorted. Right?

Comment

That would work, and if you ever so slightly scoop the mids on the EQ, then when you kick it off, you get a mids boost.
        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by jhdgsn903 View Post
          I've thought about it. Honestly. And this may sound strange. The closer to a marshall an amp is without saying Marshall on it the more I usually like it. Something about real Marshall amps I've never liked. I can't figure out why though.
          You just haven't figured out how to work the eq etc... yet.
          What amp are you playing thru now?

Comment

How about Peavey's 3120? opinions?

The nearest Guitar Center only carries the Egnater Vengeance and Peavey 6505+ for amps similar to what I've listed. Otherwise I'd use my own ears.

Comment

Working...
            X