Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall V2/T2

Does anyone use these?

I use V2 for 5 years now and no headache at all, metal, heavy music.
    I see most of you prefer all tube amps, but I do not miss quality sound with this head.

I was just wondering if there is someone with V2/T2 experience?

Does it have any similarity with Randall Warhead? Never heard that sound live.

Re: Randall V2/T2

I have no experience with the T2/V2. I did a thread about this a year or two ago with not much success. You're right though, most people use all tube amps around here. For the music you play, I can see how the hybrid technology would be perfect. As for the Warhead vs T2/V2, I don't think they'd sound too similar. The T2/V2 use 12AX7's in the preamp and a solid state power amp. The Warhead is all solid state and designed to sound like it, given that it was Dime's signature amp to replicate his tone he was getting from his RG100's.

Comment

Usually, solid state amps are cheaper than all tube, but in V2 case it is not.
      Much more expensive than a standard solid state amps that people with small budget buy.

1100 USD (In Europe even more..) for V2... 6505+ starts from just 100 $ more...

What I want to say is that I really do not care what is inside amp, it sounds huge, very loud and that gain and 6 Band Graphic EQ.

Built very sturdy, although most parts is from China, it is assembled and controlled in the U.S..
      Last edited by FGN NCLC20E; 01-19-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

The T2/V2 is not all solid-state in the power amp. It has a non-PI 12AX7 that is supposed to give it a tubey feel. For a while, I had a G3 combo, and it had the same power section setup. It definitely missed that tube preamp, though.

If I remember right, the V2 has a tube clean preamp, a tube dirty preamp, and a solid-state preamp for the Dimebag tones. The T2 was all-tube preamp all the time. If you want tight, heavy, and modern, these amps will work. For anything other than that, it wasn't my thing. And tight, heavy, and modern does not describe the sound I'm looking for.

Comment

Working...
        X