Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall 1 watt video

Honestly, these can't be that complex.

And since its smaller, I would assume its cheaper to make as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see a whole bunch of clones happening within a few months of them coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
      After all, how often do you REALLY get to crank a JCM 800? .
      All the time, of course. It's one of the joys of living in an appartment complex.

JMP and JCM I want. A Dist+ in front of that JMP and I suspect some good NWOBHM tones are in reach I guess they will probably hit 13-1500$ retail here, so its a no go

Comment

that little jtm's a beast

Comment

my laptop speakers suck and they still sounded good through them. wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
            Honestly, these can't be that complex.

And since its smaller, I would assume its cheaper to make as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see a whole bunch of clones happening within a few months of them coming out.
            I wonder if Marshall isn't just testing them out, to see if it's viable to make them by the truckload in China.
            - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
            Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
            The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Google Firefly amp and look at the PCB, thats all you need for 1-12AU7, 2-12AX7's

amp !

Comment

If the price comes down, these would be amazing for home recording

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                  I wonder if Marshall isn't just testing them out, to see if it's viable to make them by the truckload in China.
                  Gee, ya think??? I mean, it only makes sense. Remember: Marshall is in the business of making money (just like every other business). Killer amps are just a happy side effect.
                  Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                  I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
                    Gee, ya think??? I mean, it only makes sense. Remember: Marshall is in the business of making money (just like every other business). Killer amps are just a happy side effect.
                    Well, you know how companies sometimes drop the ball.
                    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

As soon as he engaged the boost on that JMP i was sold!

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                        Well, you know how companies sometimes drop the ball.
                        Oh I know, I was just messin with you!
                        Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                        I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Axl H View Post
                          All the time, of course. It's one of the joys of living in an appartment complex.

JMP and JCM I want. A Dist+ in front of that JMP and I suspect some good NWOBHM tones are in reach I guess they will probably hit 13-1500$ retail here, so its a no go
                          Y'know, you COULD order one from the UK, and get a power adapter. Or, I may be wrong on this, so please contact someone knowledgeable on the subject before doing anything, but I think British and European current standards are so similar that you can have someone replace the British power plug with a European one without problem.

I am seriously considering getting rid of my ADAs, and buy a JMP and JCM. Would it be possible to use them in smaller gigging situations if one used a mic'd (DOH!) isolation cab or something along those lines?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                            Y'know, you COULD order one from the UK, and get a power adapter. Or, I may be wrong on this, so please contact someone knowledgeable on the subject before doing anything, but I think British and European current standards are so similar that you can have someone replace the British power plug with a European one without problem.

I am seriously considering getting rid of my ADAs, and buy a JMP and JCM. Would it be possible to use them in smaller gigging situations if one used a mic'd (DOH!) isolation cab or something along those lines?
                            The ADAs have the plus side of flexibility. These will have little if any headroom, once you crank them. But nothing beats the sound of a JCM800 on the verge of melting down. Its just a awesome sound.

I guess you could mike them up without problem. Might not work at Wembley, but would be fine in bar and smaller venue situations.

Comment

Yeah, I should probably keep one of them around at least, if nothing else for the clean sound. That's the best part of it in my opinion; the gain sound is very late 80s, which is awesome, but I find myself more attracted to a gained out turn-of-the-decade sound these days, as it helps retaining a bit more of the straty sound in the Super Avianti.

Comment

saw the first one going for $750. Dats to much.

Comment

Working...
                                X