X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD Jet City 22 head

LOL thanks man!
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Just retubed the Jet City and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!
      The pre amp tubes were Gen 9 Shunghangs and really not bad tubes. The Power tubes on the other hand were absolute JUNK!! I pulled the back off the amp and was fiddling with the pre amp tubes when I noticed that one of the power tubes was running WAY too hot and red spotting in the center of the plates.
      When I saw that I ordered a new quad of TAD STE EL 84's (My Zinky also runs EL84's and I wanted a new set for her also) and a pair of Tungsols for V-1 and 2 from Dougs Tubes.
      WHAT a difference in tone!! The lack of bottom end I saw at first was now gone as was most of the hiss in the OD channel. Night and day difference in tone response, headroom and overall output instantly with the new tubes!
      If you buy one of these amps dump those Chinese EL84's ASAP they are JUNK!!
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

^ same thing with the 100W heads and the Shuguang 6L6WGBs/12ax7's

a tube change really lets the real value of these amps be heard.

Comment

Agreed a hundred percent on the tubes. I just recently stopped messing with the preamp constituency. And I always ended up with Tung-Sol in V1. Those really seem to be very good current production tubes.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Nice score! Congrats. I use my JCA20H a lot. I'm guessing the crunch channel is the same as the JCA20H and they added a higher gain channel.
              I replaced the power tubes on mine, and might have done the preamp tubes too. It's touch sensitive. I like being able to clean the amp up by lightening my picking attack. But whether I hit it hard or back off, it sounds big.
              "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
              Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
              guitar pic site
              Original prog rock on soundcloud
              Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
              Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Working...
              X