Why I LOVE Blackstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I LOVE Blackstar

I recently having been tweaking the settings like crazy on my HT-20 head and I've found another really good reason to like it. Not only does it have a gain knob, but it has a gain volume knob. Basically I've come to conclusion that having both is invaluable when trying to get the perfect saturation of gain, because I can set the gain on 4 and gain volume on like 7 and make it so that the gain is not very saturated but the volume acts as like a boost so I can still get really good omph from the tiny bit of saturation. I love that. I really think I have dialed in my perfect amp tone.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: Why I LOVE Blackstar

Me too. Ht5. Perfect for quite apartment playing. The tone at this volume and at this price point is tough to beat.

Comment

I love mine!!

Comment

For the price, the HT series is unbeatable.

Un. Beatable.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Nice. There's a local dude trying to sell a HT-5 combo and extension cabinet for a ridiculously good price and I'm seriously trying to work up the cash to nab it before someone else does.

Threads like this are why I'm constantly broke.
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I plugged my PRS into my Blackstar yesterday, and it's a great match. For some reason, my LP loves the Jet City, but the PRS does not get along with it nearly as well. And 5 watts isn't nearly the stumbling block people might think it is. How you like that, Kam?

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
              I plugged my PRS into my Blackstar yesterday, and it's a great match. For some reason, my LP loves the Jet City, but the PRS does not get along with it nearly as well. And 5 watts isn't nearly the stumbling block people might think it is. How you like that, Kam?
              Well, I don't have a Les Paul and I don't like PRS (mostly because I've no idea how to pluralise their name. 'PRSs' just looks and sounds retarded...) so that has like no effect on me at all.

I'm pretty grateful you don't have a Tele, though.
              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                For the price, the HT series is unbeatable.

Un. Beatable.
                +1.
                "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                  Threads like this are why I'm constantly broke.
                  Ain't it the truth. There's always someone telling us how good something is, and human nature being what it is, we end up checking it out, and then...
                  "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                  "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                  "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I absolutely LOVE my HT-40 combo and my HT-5 head!! They are GREAT amps! I'm actually thinking about picking up an HT-5R combo before too long also. Lol
                    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

blackstar does make great amps whether you're looking at the HT or the Artisans lots of great stuff.

Comment

Mine have been getting played pretty much the whole time I've been watching the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post

I'm pretty grateful you don't have a Tele, though.
                          I have a tele and an ht 5 and they sound AWESOME together. Tell your wallet I send my apologies.
                          Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                          H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
                          Originally posted by jcthejester13
                          I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

Working...
                          X