banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q for you guys with LOTS of effect pedals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Q for you guys with LOTS of effect pedals...

One board, so I just limit myself to what will fit. The others have to chill in a bag somewhere or off to the side.
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

one board. a pedaltrain mini with brim mod[fueltank jr.]. with the pitchblack it holds 5 pedals. right now its tuner-OD-fuzz-phase-delay. and i have a reverb that sits on top of my tweaker in the loop.

i really see no need for anything more. I crave a mistress style flanger. but the hartman and EHX take up too much real estate.

anyone want to build me a madbean current lover?
      #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
      #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
      #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
      #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
      #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
      Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
      Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
      Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

I utilize several pedalboards.

One medium sized board for my Marshall JMP with all the traditional effects ( plus a delay) for Marshalls.

One mini pedalboard with 5 small effects including delay , flange , phase, and clean boost/od for grab and go. This can also be used along with the medium sized board.

One intermediate size board( pt-SC) with 4 AC powered effects including flange, phase, chorus and delay.

One dedicated PT-SC intermediate sized board for Fuzz effects and another delay delay.

Also a bunch of loose pedals I rotate into use as desired.

I don't see the need for a PT-Pro large board.
        Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-08-2012, 09:53 AM.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

One big front of amp pedal board and pedals in rack for effects loop which are switched in and out via midi. Have a goal to have the whole rig midi switched eventually.

Comment

It's the forklift that is the actual problem. .

Comment

"Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
                That's kind of what I do now.

1 small pedal board for my commonly used effects.

The 2nd board contains all my 'extra' effects and amp footswitches. A Loop Master bypass pedal puts the 2nd board in & out of the chain plus allows me to activate multiple effects at one time.

I know that when the 2nd board is 'on' I have a long, tone suckin' chain. Not really thrilled about the idea, but it works. I guess I'm looking for other, better alternatives - if they exist.
                Do you own a buffer?

If not invest.

Otherwise, this is going suck but just get one big board and put all your commonly used efx pedals on there, then add a few occassional pedals depending on the song you play. Unfortunately, you're going have to do pedal swaps or cut down on pedals and investing in a multi-pedal for your occassional efx (say a line 6 mm4, m13)
                Originally posted by grumptruck
                No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                Originally posted by Gear Used
                PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                Mesa Stiletto Ace
                Gurus 5015
                Mesa Widebody 1X12
                Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
                  I think it differs from person to person, but for me...

8+ = a lot

5-7 = healthy

0-3 = ideal
                  I have four. Is that less than ideal but healthier than healthy?

Originally posted by nedcronin
                  Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
                  Originally posted by metalmachine
                  dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

I play lots of covers, so that means a lot af variety in tones and effects. My board is big so I can handle everything...Pedaltrain Pro with 12 effects, 1 multi-effect, amp switcher, stereo vol pedal, and amp footswitch. Some are going in the front of the amp and some are in the loop.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkstained View Post
                      I have four. Is that less than ideal but healthier than healthy?
                      fixed!

Comment

Working...
                      X