Well delays are fun...and all that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well delays are fun...and all that

The only delay I've been able to get along with is actually a Rolland SD-2500. I have not had the pleasure of trying a tape echo though. I almost never bring the roland out live though, most stages are too small for a wet/dry rig haha!
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
      Well it has a tape'ish sound.....but it does not have the behaviour nor the tone of analouge tape.
      The emulated sound is not enough.... But aside from that, it is a sweet delay, personally I like the Brigadier more...
      I didn't buy the El Cap for its attempt to emulate tape delays .. I just wanted it for clean, digital delay. A DD-3 might have worked as well, but I really like the Strymon's integral reverb function.

I am curious as to why you prefer the Brigadier. I would assume that for a straight clean delays there woould be little difference between it and the El Cap.

Why did you like the Brigadier better, and if a person (like me) isn't particularly interested in the modulating functions do you hear any benefit to it over something as simple as the DD-3?
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

The Brigadier has a sweet warmth to it...nice fattish notes....there is plenty of difference.
        What DD-3??
        There are few versions of that one

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
          The Brigadier has a sweet warmth to it...nice fattish notes....there is plenty of difference.
          What DD-3??
          There are few versions of that one
          I don't know about versions. I have played a few over the years just sitting at GC ... never owned one. I thought they sounded very good for the price except for a little signal degradation at the last of the trails.
          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Working...
          X